Chpt. 32 (Sneaky Skeletons)

You woke up from your sleep on a familiar couch. You sat up as you felt severe pain. "Gh." You didn't want anyone to hear you. Your wound was stitched and bandaged. You heard people talking in the kitchen. You staggered to the wall to try and listen to their conversation. "Sans, she's a human! She's the last soul that we need to get to break the barrier," Papyrus said. "Just please don't hurt her," Sans sighed. "Your insane, Sans," Undyne screeched," Why would a sentry that watches for humans ever do that?" "I love her is why. I love her with all of my soul (even though she can be stubborn sometimes). Please bring no harm to her." "But-," Undyne started. "Just throw me a BONE here." Papyrus and Undyne growled at Sans's pun. You had a huge grin on your face. You then realized something. He didn't even know that you were listening to the conversation and had said that he loved you. He could have said to kill you, but he hadn't. You made a BIG mistake. It was to late to go back on it now. Well, at least that mistake helped you build CHARActer! Hahaha! Oh my god, that was great. Whew, I can't believe that I just did that! Let's get back to the story. The conversation went on for a few more minutes. Wait a moment... Didn't I kill Papyrus and Undyne? Why and how are they here? What the fuuuuuuuuuhhhh? How did this-? How did they-? Why are they-? What?! Okay, I'm confused, but let's actually get back to the story. You decided to leave the house sooner or later. You felt the top of your head. Your hat wasn't there. You looked under the couch cushions, on the tables, and basically everywhere except where the people were. You peered into the kitchen. You saw Sans holding your hat. "Shit," you whispered to yourself. Sans turned your way a little bit as if he heard your whisper. You quickly hid behind the wall again. Maybe he didn't see you? You went sure. You pondered about how you could get it back when you heard Papyrus squeal," THE SPAGHETTI IS FINISHED!!!" You heard the clash of pans, plates, and bowls and the clatter of forks and spoons. You looked out of the way to get to the spaghetti. They sat down at the table together. You slowly stepped forward to grab it. In the middle of taking another step, Papyrus looked your way and you were almost seen. You moved back to where you were before you stepped forward. This plan was never going to work. You looked around for something. You saw the blankets that you were covered in when you awoke. You pulled them over you. You got on the floor and crawled over to the table. You saw Undyne look your way and you stopped in your tracks. Luckily, she didn't notice you. You got closer and closer to the hat until you finally got hold of it. You picked it up and inched backwards. You made it back to the living room with your cap. You put it on your head and gathered your things. While doing so, you pulled out a piece of paper and wrote two little words on it.

I'm sorry.

You put it on the couch where you slept. You ran to the door and closed it behind you. It made more of a ruckus than you wanted.

Sans's POV (YAS)

I was talking with Paps and Undyne (or who they used to be) with (Y/N)'s hat in my hand when I heard a faint whisper from behind. I turned my head a bit, and I didn't see anything. I shrugged it off and kept talking away. The spaghetti was soon finished and I put the cap on the table close to me. I ate some spaghetti and didn't notice much. I suddenly heard the front door slam shut. It must've been (Y/N). I looked down at where I set the hat down. It was missing. Of course she wouldn't leave without it! I got up and flung my hands around my neck. "Fuck," I said. Papyrus walked over to me and said," What's wrong, brother?" I turned to him. "It's- It's nothing YOU need to worry about Pap. Also, I think I'm done eating for now." I walked to the couch. I saw a mini note on the cushion. "Huh?" I looked it over. There was only two words on it that were in small print. "I'm sorry? Wait, why is she forgiving me so easily? I don't see how. Did she eavesdrop? I'm glad that she forgives me. I'm also impressed, worried, and proud about her stealing her cap right from under my nose. I love that girl." I looked out the window wondering if she can make it out there in the cold. I knew how much she hated the freezing weather in Snowdin. I decided that she'll be fine for now.