Chpt. 18 (Love Can Be Medicine)

You woke up in a bed. Your vision was blurry. You saw Alphys working on some papers. You couldn't tell what was on them. You were in her bed. You tried to prop yourself up, but it didn't work. You winced in pain,"Damn." Alphys heard and faced you. "Oh, y-you're awake. It's me, Alph-" "Yeah, I know. Why am I here?" She was surprised by you cutting her off mid-sentence. "Sans called me and carried you here. He said that for some reason his powers weren't working, so he c-couldn't teleport you here right away. He carried you all the way from Snowdin, through Waterfall, and into Hotland. You were in really b-bad condition. H-how do you feel?" "I feel like I'm being split apart. If that helps?" "I may have to give you some medicine or something for that. I healed most of your wounds, but one just wouldn't heal. The one on your stomach. You lifted your shirt and saw a mixture of dried blood and the black sludge in your patched up your injury. It still said 'C H A R A', but it was in big black letters now. It was more visible than before. "I-if you don't mind me asking, what happened in your room?" "It's nothing to worry about. Anyways, can I walk now?" "Y-you can try." You sat up and pushed yourself off of the bed. You took a step and fell with your legs crossing over each other. "Oh my gosh! Are you  alright? Here l-let me help you up." She held her hand out to you. You grabbed it and stood up. You felt like a fawn that was trying to walk for the first time. You were struggling with keeping yourself up. Took a seat back on the bed. "W-we'll have to work on that. For now, just stay in bed and rest. I'm going to see where Undyne has gone. I'll be back soon!" She left the room. You sighed. This was the last thing that you needed. Now since you are weakened, Chara has a chance to possess your body. You still kept hope that she wouldn't anytime soon. You looked around. There was nothing to do. You decided to keep trying to stand and walk. You stood. You failed, but you were DETERMINED to walk. You got back up and tried again. You staggered to the ladder. You really wanted to talk to Sans. You got on the ladder and started to climb down. You struggled down with each step. You were climbing when your foot slipped. "Aaaah!" You closed your eyes tightly and stop screaming, thinking of the worst. You feel something catch you. You slowly open your eyes. "Be careful, babe." It was Sans. "Hi, Sansy," you beamed. Then you realized what he had just called you. You liked your new title. You blushed. "Gosh, I love you. I was so worried. You nearly bled out in my arms. You were getting paler by the second and I didn't think that teleporting you would be good for your health." He stood you back up. Your legs buckled. You grabbed Sans's shoulders. He held your waist and put a hand behind his back. "I also have a 'get well' present for you." You got excited. "Close your eyes~." You complied. You felt something be pressed onto the top of your head. You opened your eyes. You took it off of your head and saw that it was a navy blue baseball cap. "Cool! I've always wanted one of these!" Sans grinned and said,"I got it in your favorite color. They didn't have any other shades of blue. Sorry, madam." You laughed. "Please, don't say 'madam' ever again, Sir Sans of Snowdin." "Okay, I see what you mean...... madam." "No, please have MERCY on me!" "I'll stop since see that you are already in horrible condition, and I know that it wouldn't help for you to pass out from how hot I am." You rolled your eyes. "You are cute, but not cute enough to be considered as hot. You might have a chance though. We are in Hotland." You stumbled into Sans which gave you the perfect excuse to hug him. "Thanks, Sans. Means a lot." "(Y/N), do you know what's weird? Nothing like this happened in any other timeline. I mean, something like this happened, but this is something completely new. I sorta like it." You smiled. "Me, too." It stayed silent for a few until you said something. "Why didn't you let me fall?" "What?" "I said, why didn't you let me fall?" He looked confused. "Why wouldn't I catch you if your falling from a ladder? I love you." "Even after what happened?" He held your face in his hands. "Yes. Of course." "Y-you promise?" He gave you a compassionate smile and said,"Promise. You know I don't make a lot of promises, and you know that if I made one, I always keep it." You giggled as he ruffled your hair and pecked him on the cheek. "Let's go home." "Okay, if you say so." He picked you up bridal style. "What are you doing?" "You can't walk, so it's only gentlemanlike if I do this for you." You sighed. He  knew that you were still hurt, so he could not teleport you there. You snuggled into his jacket and fell asleep.