Chapter 1: (Grace's POV)

I slam my hand down on the annoying alarm clock and let out one big sigh. Another awful day of school, I think. Tomorrow is Saturday (and my birthday) so I'll just have to get through today.

"Grace, are you up?" I hear my mother call.

"Yeah!" I yell back, and I sigh once again.

I manage to get out of my bed and sluggishly walk into my bathroom. I take a look in the mirror and, of course, I look terrible. I quickly use the toilet and then decide to pick out my outfit- jean shorts and a red flannel. I know wearing a flannel would make me sweat to death since every day in California is extremely hot, but I'm too tired to think straight.

Less than a half hour later I'm heading out of the door and to my bus stop. I wait a few minutes before the bus eventually shows up. I take a seat in the back and pull out my phone and earbuds to listen to music on the ride there.

I enter the front door of my high school and make my way through the crowd of students. I spin the combination of my locker, 26, 19, 0. The locker clicks open and I grab the books I need for first and second period. My friend Angie walks over to my locker. She has a huge smile on her face, her wavy red hair partly covering her light green eyes.

"Gracie!" she yells, giving me a hug. "I can't wait for your birthday party!"

"Yeah, me too! Can't wait to see what you got me!" I reply, giggling.

The bell rings just as I enter my first class, World History. From then on, the day goes by pretty fast, considering how exhausted I am. After school is over, I catch up with Angie and my other friend Sophia. "Hey!" I yell. They both look back and smile. I give Sophie a hug..I guess you could say I'm a hugger.

"It's gonna be so hard not to spoil what Angie and I got you." Sophie says, giggling. Angie playfully hits her arm.

"You better not tell her!" she whispers. We all laugh and walk in the direction of our houses.

"Bye guys! See ya tomorrow!" I say.

As I enter my door, my cat Sherlock meows at me. "Sherlock!" I whisper, bending down to pet him behind his ears.

"Hey sweetie!" my mother greets me, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey mom." I reach in the fridge and grab a small snack. "I'm gonna go do my homework."

I walk up the stairs and into my room, which is full of Supernatural merchandise. I'm a pretty big fan to say the least. I get my math book out and finish my homework about an hour later, just in time for dinner. I sit in my dining room with my mom and dad.

"So are you excited for your birthday, hon?" my dad asks.

"You have no idea." I reply.

A/N: I hope you enjoy this book! Thanks for reading!