Chapter 66: (Misha's POV)

I am just minutes away from arriving at Jensen's vacation home since I know he's staying there with his family. I pull into the driveway and make my up to the house. I struggle to pull the oxygen tank up the small set of stairs that leads to the front porch. I guess Jensen hears the noise I am making and opens the door. He seems surprised to see me again so soon.

"Hey Misha! Wait-why are you crying?" Jensen helps me up the stairs.

"She kissed Jared.." And saying those words out loud make me start to cry again.

"Who, Grace? Why would she do that? Don't worry, it'll all work out." Jensen tries to comfort me. I take a seat on the deck and just take a deep breathe to take it all in. Jensen offers me dinner but I'm too upset to accept.

"Listen bud, I know how much Grace loves you. Everything will turn out perfect with you two, I promise." He reassures me. I wipe my tears away. I know Jensen is probably right and Grace and I will still get married and she still loves me and I'm just overreacting.

I can't help but wonder, what if it doesn't work out? What if she marries Jared instead? What if I live a short, lonely life and then eventually die of my lung cancer? I want to live a long life with Grace, well at least long enough since I just found out I only have around fifteen years to live.

I'm too tired to think anymore. Jensen notices how exhausted I am and takes me up to the guest bedroom. I walk in and take a seat on the already-made bed.

"Thanks for everything Jensen. I appreciate it." I thank him gratefully.

"No problem Mish. You're my best friend." He replies and I smile in return.

When Jensen leaves the room, I pull the blankets over and lie my head on the memory-foam pillow. Although my eyes can barely stay open, my mind keeps me awake.

I've never told anyone this, but since I met him, I've always had a bit of a crush on Jensen. But, I know our relationship is just platonic and will never be anything more. I guess I just knew from a young age that I am attracted to girls and boys. Just never got to telling anyone. I obviously would not leave Grace for him. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, Jensen is mostly straight.

Anyways, after a few minutes, my eyes begun to close and I finally fall asleep, once again dreaming of my Gracie.