Chapter 73: (Third person)

It's been several months since Grace has found out that Misha has only five years to live. Five short years. It's not enough, she thinks. Lately, she has been contemplating every possible thing her and Misha could do together. She wants his last few years to be memorable and perfect.

Grace spent the last two weeks planning something big..a road trip. Since she first met Misha, Grace knew how much he loved traveling. He always talks about how he he dreams of driving through the city and taking photos of beautiful landmarks and staying in hotels only to wake up early the next morning and travel to even more places. Grace wants his dream to come true.

Grace sits quietly in her and Misha's room, finishing the last bits of putting the trip together. She plans for them to drive to Hollywood, then New York City, and finally Washington D.C. It should take about fifteen days in all.

Misha arrives back at his home just as Grace finishes adding up the costs of everything- $1,100. But she has been saving up money for a while for a "future fund". She decides that this is the right time to use it. And Grace is, of course, willing to pay any amount of money to make her dying husband happy.

Grace excitedly runs downstairs to see Misha. She opens up the door to reveal his smiling face. His blue eyes and cute dimples make Grace's heart melt.

"Hey Dmitri." Grace greets him. She loves calling Misha by his actual name, and he secretly loves it too.

He kisses her on the cheek before replying with, "Hello, love. I missed you a ton."

Misha was at the doctor's office. He needs monthly appointments to see how his lungs are holding up.

Grace grabs his hand and guides him into their living room.

"I've been planning something very special for you Mish." she tells him.

"What is it?" he asks, curiosity sparking inside of him.

"We're going on a road trip!" Grace exclaims.

Misha's face lights up with bliss, similar to a little kid opening presents on Christmas.

"Seriously?" He squeals, which Grace thinks is absolutely adorable.

"Of course!" she answers as the couple shares a long embrace.

Misha is overwhelmed with happiness..a dream trip with his Gracie. He couldn't ask for anything better.

With a smile, he says, "Well, we better start packing!"