Chapter 78: (Misha's POV)

The look of happiness on Grace's face, when I told her we are going to England, seemed to give me life. Tears of joy filled her eyes and her dimples were visible. She was full of pure bliss.

But, of course, everything always goes wrong for me.

Everything seems to go wrong now. I thought Grace and I would be living a long life together..then I found out I'm going to die soon. I thought Jared was happy..then he killed himself.

Now, Grace is supposed to have her dream come true. The dream, the one she's has since she was twelve, of yearning to travel to England. And I can't even make it come true.

Meg called shortly after I told Grace we could go.
~~
"Misha?" Meg asks.

"Yep, it's me." I reply.

"I'm sorry..but I have some bad news." she says.

"What is it?" I ask nervously.

"I talked to the doctors and they said there's no way you're going to England. Your lungs aren't stable. The genies said you could pick a different wish, one you could actually have." Meg answers, sadness in her voice.

I start to swear. Not at her, just at myself. The anger at my stupid, worthless lungs overwhelms me.

I quickly apologize for cussing and then hang up.

I look back up and face Grace, that look of happiness still plastered on her face.

"Who was that?" Grace asks.

"Meg, from the hospital. I'm sorry Gracie, but we can't go." I whisper.

"What do you mean?" She is clearly confused.

"The doctors said my lungs aren't stable enough. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." I feel tears stinging my eyes.

Why do all these bad things have to happen to me?, I think.

"It's not your fault. I love you." She says.

"I love you too Grace. I just..wish I could have made your dream come true." I reply.

She kisses my cheek and whispers, "My dream has come true. That's why I'm here with you."