Chapter 42: (Misha's POV)

Today is Grace's father's funeral. I'm looking through my closet, choosing what to wear. I eventually decide on one of the many suits I own, the ones I wear to interviews and award shows.

It's around noon, so I have to leave in just an hour. In the meantime, I decide to call Jensen and talk for a bit.

The funeral is going to be sad, and Grace will cry, which will make me cry.

Soon enough, it's about time to leave, so I grab my car keys and head out the door.
I stop by Grace's house so the three of us can drive  to the funeral together.

I knock on the door and Grace answers. She's wearing a black, flowing dress that goes slightly past her knees.

"Hey Gracie." I greet, hugging her.

She doesn't reply, just looks up at me and forces a smile. I know how sad she must be.
Her mom sits in the back seat, while Grace gets in the passenger side.

The silent drive to the funeral home is just ten minutes away.

As I pull in the driveway, I see a group of people, probably waiting for us.
Once we get out of the car, Grace goes to hug her family members. I just stand back awkwardly and greet them from a distance.

All of us walk up a small hill and into the cemetery. Somebody that works with the church guides us to Mr. Howell's gravestone.

The man starts reading verses from the bible and having family members say memories and kind words about Mr.Howell. It's Grace's turn to say something. I squeeze her hand to make sure she's alright.

"My dad was a great person. He was so nice. I love and miss him so much..." Grace trails off, crying a even harder. I pull her into a small, side hug to comfort her.

Forty minutes of tears and sadness later, the three of us are back at Grace's house.

"I'm gonna go in my room...just nap for a bit." Grace tells me, her face red from crying.

"Alright sweetie. I love you." I reply.

"I love you too Misha."