Chapter 75: (Grace's POV)

Time seems as if it has been going by extra fast, maybe it's because I know my time with Misha is running out.

Misha and I have had countless adventures and hours upon hours of laughs and fun times. Now that I'm spending nearly every day with Misha, it makes me even sadder that soon he will be gone. But I'm still thankful that we have time left.

Two years have passed since I found out the news, that Misha has five years to live.

Now it's only three years, I think.

I look over at Misha and see him attentively reading a book..The Fault In Our Stars.

That sight broke my heart. Misha, who has lung cancer, reading a book about someone else who has lung cancer. Tears well up in my eyes and I sit next to Misha, leaning my head on his shoulder.

He closes his book and sets it on the nightstand. His soft lips press against my cheek and he wipes the single tear that falls down my face.

"I don't want you to die." I whisper, looking up into his entrancing eyes.

He lets out a sigh, clearly unsure of how to respond.

"I don't want to either. I don't want to die Gracie." Misha murmurs.

"I hate this. You're so sweet. Mish, you're perfect. You don't deserve to
die." I manage to say, my eyes burning with tears.

And as I finish that sentence, Misha stands up and grabs my arm. He has a smile on his face..

"What?" I ask, confused.

"We're going out." He replies as he puts on his Converse.

"It's one in the morning." I state.

The two of us usually stay up late because he now knows that I have trouble falling asleep, so he reads until I eventually doze off.

"So what?" He answers.

"Alright. Let's go." I wipe the tears off of my face and quickly put on my shoes. For some reason, Misha puts a blanket into the jeep.

"Why the blanket?" I ask curiously as Misha starts the car.

"You'll see." he answers with a smirk on his face.

Minutes later, we arrive at a park that looks very familiar.

I suddenly remember, he took me here when we first started dating!

With a huge grin on my face, I jump out of the jeep and grab the blanket.

I help Misha with his oxygen tank and the two of us make our way to the grassy area.

I spread the blanket across the ground and Misha and I plop down.

We lay on our backs, looking up at the stars. Misha runs his finger over my wedding ring. I've noticed he always does that when he's upset.

"Gracie, I came here to tell you something." He says, breaking the silence.

"And what is that?" I ask, looking over at him.

"I know you're sad right now. About me dying." He points up at the sky. "But you see, without the dark, we'd never see the stars."