Chapter 47: (Grace's POV)

The drive to Stanford is just over an hour, and it's almost 8:00 when I arrive. I drive up to the campus, seeing that most people also came here early to unpack everything into their dorms. I quickly find a place to park before grabbing some of my bags to go look for my room.

"Excuse me? I can't find my dorm." I ask a short guy with glasses that is standing in the halls.

I show him my crushed up paper and he attempts to read my sloppy handwriting.

"It should be right around that corner and down the hall." He answers, pushing his glasses up.

"Thanks!" I reply.

"Your welcome." he mumbles shyly, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.

I eventually find my room and open the door to see someone (most likely my roommate) sitting on her bed. I walk in farther too see what she looks like. She has long and wavy red hair and bright green eyes. Her freckles are very noticeable on her pale skin. She turns around and shuts the book she was reading.

"Oh hello..You must be my roommate!"
she greets me, smiling. Her teeth sparkle from how white they are.

"Hey! My name's Grace." I reply awkwardly, since my "people skills" are "rusty".

"I'm Tara. Nice to meet you!" Tara answers, unexpectedly giving me a hug. I hug her back..she already seems like the perfect roommate.

The next couple of hours I unpack my things with the help of Tara. Luckily, there are already (although small) two beds in the room. I push one of the beds on one half of the room, giving Tara the other side for her personal space.

In my area, I decorate the walls with small posters, put my Funko Pop figures up, and my books on a little nightstand. I guess I'm pretty satisfied with what it looks like.

Now I just have to get through four years of college...