Chapter 50: (Misha's POV)

Tonight is the night before MinnCon 2015. Yep, comic cons are starting up again. At least now I'll have something to do while Grace is gone.

Anyways, I decide to stop at a somewhat fancy restaurant while I was out and about. I order delicious looking food and quickly eat it all. After paying the expensive bill, I head outside and walk down the street where the hotel I'm staying at is located.

All of a sudden, I see three largely built men chasing after me.

I desperately try to free myself from their grasp but one tackles me and I hit my head off the pavement, causing my nose to make a gut wrenching crack. Blood trickles down my face. Another guy searches my pockets, taking all the money I had on me while the third one continuously kicks and punches me.

I really don't want to hurt anyone, so I try to run away without fighting back..but my body is so sore I can barely move. The three guys run away with my wallet.

I instantly reach for my phone to call 911.

"911. What is your emergency?" A lady answers.

"Yes, some guys just mugged me, and beat me up." I spit out, blood oozing out of my nose. My lip begins to swell up.

"Where are you at?" she asks.

"Water Hill Road, by that Italian restaurant." I manage to say.

"Alright, help is on the way." She replies before hanging up.

The next few minutes I just lie there in agonizing pain.

Eventually, an ambulance and three police cars show up. Two men carefully lift me up onto a stretcher and into the back of the ambulance.

The ride to the hospital feels like an eternity as the pain thuds through my body. Once we get there they push me into a small emergency room.

"Well, you'll need a few stitches just above your lip. You'll have some bruises and will be sore for a while. But you should heal soon!" A doctor says reassuringly.

"Thank you." is all I can manage to say.

I need to see Grace.