Chapter 63: (Third person)

*Misha is still in the hospital*

Misha lies on the hospital bed surrounded by tubes, machines, and nurses. His whole life seemed to be crashing down. The head doctor estimates, from examining the test results, that he has 15+ years to live. His lungs are stable enough, for now, that he won't have to wear his oxygen tank/cannula often, just for emergencies.

For some, fifteen years is a long time.

For Misha, it's not enough. Not enough time to spend with his Gracie. He needs a lifetime, not a couple decades.

Grace is asleep at her home in California, unaware of the pain her husband is in.

Misha will not be able to attend the Texas Comic Con, since he has to stay in the hospital for around the next 24 hours.

Finally, he is admitted from the hospital under supervision. His supervision is his closest friend, Jensen Ackles.

"Hey Mish. I'm so sorry. You ok?" Jensen says and pulls him into a friendly embrace.

Misha nods with a sad attempt at a smile, the cannula resting on his ears.

Misha rolls his oxygen tank along the ground and gets in the passenger seat of Jensen's car.

The two friends drive to the nearest airport and buy plane tickets to back to California.

The estimated twelve hour flight gives Misha enough time to think of a way to tell Grace that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer...