-Bad Boys Don't Cry-

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lights.

Grayson was surrounded by open bottles of beers and alcohol. When he turned around, I did what most people wouldn't do, I looked directly into his eyes.

His eyes were like a book, telling a story to ones who dared to look at them. Hurt, confusion, and sadness written all over his drooping, bloodshot eyes. He didn't answer me, making me step closer to him, "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," he whispered with the rare smile I've seen only a few times through the time I've known him. Though this one is different. It was depressing.

"No, you're not."

He sighed. He didn't say anything back, but we both knew what he was going to say. He knew what he was feeling right now, even though he wasn't sober. He knew.

"I wanna fix you." I whispered, shocking myself.

His smile vanished, almost immediately. He looked away from me, his eyes back to the city lights, "Me too." He whispered.

*•*•*•*

Stereotypes shape today's society, especially when it came to Grayson Watts. He's the schools bad boy, making girls go all over him, but I, Bailey Winters, or so I thought. I'm the girl who's usually too busy reading and doing homework than to go out and stalk guys. One day, somehow, Grayson and I cross paths and something made us become close enough to be called, 'friends.' With our new found friendship, I learned that bad boys, too, could be broken.

Senior year was supposed to be drama free, guess I was wrong.

(A/N)
Hey people. New book! Recently I've been having lessons about stereotypes about like gender roles... It got me thinking about a new like story plot, I guess?

What I'm trying to say is that I feel like boys don't get enough... Attention on how they feel. Stereotypes make girls and of course boys want to meet those standards of what the society believe they should become. Both boys and girls follow these stereotypes, wanting to become what society depicts of their gender and I've cried because of the thought. I mean, I'm a girl and girls are 'supposed' to be so emotional. Why not boys? Why can't they be emotional without being called a 'pussy?' Honestly, I hate when people are like that and especially when they're in the same spot as them. It's so stupid. We're all human and I believe people should start acting like it.

The media has influenced these stereotypes on boys and girls making people believe that boys have to be dangerous and angry all the time and girls have to be so sweet and weak. I honestly can't explain in words how disgusted I am by society.

Anyway, the main message I'm trying to send is...

Be who you want to be. No matter how weird you are, you're perfect just the way you are. If people don't like the real you, then don't let them ruin the fun of you being you. They're not there to tell you who you can and can't be.

Sorry for ranting but I just needed to get that off my chest. Just letting you guys know, the first few chapters of this book will indeed be short. I hope you guys enjoy the book!

By the way the banner you see above was made by ketty_katour

By the way the banner you see above was made by ketty_katour .

Go check out her account if you want amazing covers!

Made on: June 22, 2016
Ended on: February 16, 2018

Love you. :-) <3