Chapter Eight: Beach Day?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Hey, Winters?" Grayson asked, "You free today?"

It was six in the morning and we've already had breakfast since we woke up so early.

"Well, at five I have to be somewhere... Why?" I asked.

"Let's go somewhere." He said.

"Where?"

"Anywhere."

"Why so sudden?"

"I don't know."

"Is Bennett coming over?"

"No..." He said, stretching out the word.

"Grayson." I warned.

"Fine! He's invited me to come with him to the beach today. I don't want you to be left behind, so I figured you'd like to come with?"

I sighed, "Who else is going?"

His face lit up, "It's just one other guy from school."

"I'll go." I groaned, "Can I go home to get ready?"

"Yeah."

Oh lord. What have I gotten myself into?

*

"You ready?" Grayson called out from my living room.

Grayson was already done with what he was wearing to the beach was his black swimming shorts and a white shirt over his body accompanied with black flip-flops and his black rimmed glasses.

"Almost... And... Done. I'm coming out now." I said, stepping out of my room.

"It took you an hour to get into- woah." He said, his jaw dropping, making me blush.

I looked down at my white crop top with my black high waisted shorts, and brown sandals. I had my brown hair in a fishtail braid that had a black and white SnapBack on top of it, with bracelets fitted around my wrist and a choker around my neck, slightly covering the hickey that was covered with my concealer. I had my black Kipling backpack that had the bare necessities that I needed for the beach. In my other arm I had a black beach towel.

Grayson was staring at me, his jaw dropped, "S-Should I change?" I asked, ready to go back into my room.

"No," he said, making him shocked at how forward he was. He composed himself before he said, "No, you're fine just the way you are."

If it's even possible, I blushed even more, "L-Let's go then."

He nodded as we went to his car, "Where are we meeting Bennett?"

"My step-mom's house." He said.

"Oh."

The rest of the ride was filled with the music his radio emitted. When we got to his mother's house, we exited the car with our stuff and went to the front door. He rang the doorbell before taking my hand and squeezing it hard, making me turn a shade of crimson for the second time this morning, "Grayson." I whispered.

"Please?"

I groaned, "You owe me." I muttered.

He smiled as the door opened, "Hello, Grayson and friend." Jill said, not bothering to look at me.

"Where's Bennett?"

"I'm right here." Bennett said, pushing past his mom, "You can go. I'll see you later, mom." Bennett said, shooing her off.