Chapter Six: Why?

Chapter Six: Why?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
Seven days, three hours, six minutes and twenty-three seconds since Grayson and I have had contact.

Seven days, three hours, six minutes and twenty-seven seconds since we've talked.

Seven days, three hours, six minutes and thirty-five seconds since I've seen or heard from him.

Seven days, three hours, six minutes and forty seconds since I've realized I hit a nerve in the bad boy.

I haven't been able to get him off my mind. He's a person that can never be left unnoticed by me.

Saturday rolled around again and I chose to hang out with Kendall. I haven't been able to hang out with him since I have met Grayson and honestly, I feel horrible about it. Kendall and I never were apart for a long period of time and not having him around for the past couple of weeks has been awfully weird. We were in my house, on the couch watching a random movie he had found in his house, "What's up with you and your guy friend?" Kendall asked as he stuffed his face in the popcorn we had made before the movie, "You two broken up? If so, do you give me permission to talk to him face to fist?"

My eyes widened at his indirect threat to Grayson, before I playfully punched him, "Kendall! Grayson and I are not dating. We're just..." I paused for a moment, "Friends?"

I was unsure of what to call the relationship Grayson and I had. It was a weird kind of acquaintanceship, I guess you could call it, "Doesn't seem you two are just 'friends.'" Kendall muttered, refocusing his gaze on the television as he stuffed his face with food, "We haven't seen each other since that kid Grayson took you away from me."

I gasped in fake shock, "Are you jealous?" I asked.

"No." He mumbled, "I just hate how you're not hanging out with your best friend anymore." He pouted.

I sighed. He was right. I'm an absolute disgrace of a friend, "Let's go to all the places you want, today." I announced, standing up from the couch, letting all the crumbs that were on my lap go to the floor.

He rolled his eyes, "No." He said.

I pouted, "No?"

He shook his head, "No."

"Why?" I asked, plopping back down into the couch.

Kendall rolled his eyes again, "We're just going to end up going where you want to go."

"Then let's go to a place we both like!" I compromised.

"But-"

I cut him off, "Kendall, I'm running out of ideas here. Bare with me." I groaned.

He sighed, "Let's go to the park." He said.

"To the park then!" I yelled, pointing to the door of his house.

*

"We haven't been to this park in ages." He said, taking a seat next to me. I looked around at the environment around us. It was the same park Grayson and I went to a week ago. I should have known that he was going to bring us here.

We sat near the dock, which gave us a view of the ducks that swam in the pond. It was pretty and I remembered all the good times he and I had here. From being pushed into the cold waters when I was 8 to him almost pushing in his father when he was ten, many memories were made at this park.

"Yeah." I muttered.

Kendall turned to face me, noting my sudden lack of enthusiasm. He sighed, "Give me an honest answer, Bailey. Do you like Grayson?"