Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Come on, Bailey," My best and only friend, Kendall yelled, "Mom's not going to wait forever."

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I smiled as I put all my books in my backpack. We were in the cafeteria that was currently empty due to it being the end of the day.

Kendall was just a year older than me, but he was held back due to his birthday. He's in the same year as me but at a different school. Kendall was a little over six feet, and I was only 5'10, making me feel like he towers over me. His light brown hair complements his tanned skin and green-gray eyes.

Kendall and I have been best friends for as long as I could remember. He and I have been through everything together. He was the only one who knew what I was going through. Even though we didn't go to the same high school, we're both still very close. An eighteen and nineteen year old taking on the world together.

He's the only one that knows that I'm, well an-

"Hurry up, Bailey!" He said, "I'm not even supposed to be in here."

"If you keep complaining I'm going to continue to go slower. I won't care if you get caught."

"What a best friend you are..." He muttered.

"I know right?"

Once I was done packing, Kendall was giving me an uncomfortable smile, "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Who's that guy that's staring at you? He looks really... Mysterious..."

I looked around only to meet the eyes of the bad boy himself, Mr. Grayson Watts. His dark brown eyes were locked onto mine, making my cheeks flush. I looked back at Kendall, who took my backpack and started to walk, "Kendall." I whined pushing up my glasses. As soon as I caught up with him, he put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, "Kendall what are you-"

"I don't like the way he looks at you," he explained, "You getting knocked up by a rapist is the last thing I want to happen to you."

I smiled as we made our way out of the school. Kendall's mom was waiting for us in her car. Sure he has a car and we're both eighteen or above, but we like getting picked up by Mrs. Barrow. We entered her car as we greeted her, "How's it going Bailey? Everything going good?"

"Yes, Mrs. Barrow." I said with a smile. Since I was never really close to my parents, Kendall's parents is as close as I got to a real mom and dad.

"Honey, it's been 10 years. You can call me mom." She smiled.

"Okay, Mom." I said, emphasizing 'mom.' Although they were my 'parents,' I didn't like to call anyone who wasn't really my mother, mom, but I do it anyways.

"Can I sleep over at Bailey's?" Kendall asked.

"Okay, but there better not be any funny business."

"Mom," Kendall groaned, "Bailey and I aren't a thing. We're best friends."

"You were her first kiss, Kendall. How can I not be protective of her? For all I know you could take her-"

"We're here!" I yelled as my home came into view.

Since my parents were rich, all their money came to me when I was eighteen, which was literally a few months ago. With the money, I was able to support myself. Honestly, I've been living alone for the past few months, but have been moving recently, so I could be closer to Kendall and his family.

We came to a complete stop in front of my two story home, my only home besides Kendall's house, "See you guys on..."

"Sunday?"

"Sunday then." Mrs. Barrow said, waving as we exited the car, "Bye my children."

"Bye, Mom." Kendall and I said in unison.

"Don't have sex!" She called out as she drove away.

"Oh my god." I groaned, "After the - what you looking at?" I looked at Kendall and his eyes somewhere across the street.

"Isn't that the guy from your school?" He asked, looking back at me.

I looked back, only to see the Grayson Watts, walk into the house where my neighbors lived. Well shit, "Yeah," I sighed, "Probably his relatives?"

"Or he could be robbing a home."

"Kendall!" I said, playfully punching him.

"You never know."

I rolled my eyes, "Let's just go."

We walked into my house, kicking off our shoes as we entered. My house wasn't to small and wasn't too big either. It was a two story house that was on a hill, having an amazing view of the city's lights. Honestly, who wouldn't want to live near here, "Want to order pizza?" I asked.

"Is that even a question? Yes."

All through out the movie, I couldn't help but think. Why is the bad boy in my neighborhood? Why is the bad boy looking noticing me? Why am I overreacting?

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey.

The cover at the beginning of this chapter, like the one in the prologue, was made by ketty_katour .

Go check out her account if you want amazing covers!