Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Found it!" I exclaimed as I pointed up blindly at the sky with my free hand, staring at his phone.

"What!? Where?" Bennett asked, looking over at him.

"Right here." I said, pointing to my phone screen showing Bennett the star labeled Sirius.

"Damn." He huffed as we turned off our phones.

"I win!" I said in triumph. He rolled his eyes at my childishness.

As I snuggling further into the blanket, I felt him shuffle in his spot as well, "Hey Bailey?" Bennett asked, causing me to hum in response. His body was facing me as mine faced the sky, "Do you wanna decorate the house or something for Christmas?" He asked, "We can go shopping in the town tomorrow."

I raised my eyebrow at his suggestion, "Are you sure we could go into town?"

Since the ball, we've been hiding out in Bennett's house and since that day, we haven't been out in the public. To keep our sanity, Bennett and I go outside in his backyard and talk about what's occurred in our lives. In the week that we've been with each other, we didn't talk about anything about what was occurring back home with Grayson and the others because we both knew that would only end with unanswered questions that were not going to be answered anytime soon.

Right now, it was two days before Christmas and Bennett and I haven't even gotten into the Christmas spirit. No decorations, no tree, no nothing. Instead, Bennett and I were laid outside in his backyard in the same spot we've been in every night with the comfort of a fluffy blanket under us as we stared up to the sky, admiring its color. With all that has happened in the passed few months, this is the closest thing to my kind of normal. The passed few days I've spent with Bennett were the most calming days I've had in my entire life and that's saying something. I felt relaxed when I was around Bennett. He wasn't like the other two boys. I mean, none of them are alike.

"Yes, I'm sure." Bennett assured me, "This time, I swear to you, that none of Harrison's workers are going to take you away from me." He vowed, quietly, making me nod in response not knowing what to say.

"Well then it's settled. We're going into town tomorrow." I said as I relaxed back into the blankets we laid on.

There was long silence after that. Nothing but the cool wind brushing up on the nearby tree that Bennett placed in his backyard could be heard. From my peripheral vision, I could see Bennett staring up at the night sky with me and from that, I knew there was a lot on his mind. That's probably why we're out here a lot. It's a good place to think or even clear your mind. Closing my eyes, I let the darkness consume me.

*

I heard a knock at my door, "Are you ready to go?" He asked, his voice muffled behind the door between us.

It was the morning of the day Bennett and I agreed to go outside. After I had fallen asleep last night, he had carried me to my bed so I wasn't left outside in the cold. When we woke up this morning, we decided after breakfast, we would both get ready to go into town. So now here I am, staring at myself in the mirror as Bennett waited for me outside.

I wasn't exactly taking a long time. Literally I've only been in the room I've been staying in for only ten minutes. "Yeah, hold up." I said, grabbing my backpack. I wore my burgundy Hogwarts sweater, paring it with black jeans, a black beanie, converse and a Gryffindor scarf and backpack. Under the scarf, I wore the necklace Carson gave me, and on my hand the ring Grayson gave me.