Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
When I looked back up to Grayson, he was sleeping. I sighed as I carefully laid him down on the bed, putting a blanket on him. I looked down at him and sighed. There was something about him that made me want to stay even after what he's said to me.

There's something wrong with me...

I quietly shuffled out of the room, before closing the door, leaving him to rest on his own. I turned to my right only to hear a door squeak open. Elly shuffled out of her room, turning in my direction, forcing me to meet her bloodshot eyes, "B-Bailey?" She said, her voice quiet and broken. I nodded, making her eyes light up. She quickly ran to me and engulfed me in a hug, "Where the fuck were you? You're such a dick for not telling us where you were, you know that! Why didn't you-"

"Look, I just had a problem with one of my friends and I asked Parker to drive me there since I don't have a car. So don't worry about it." I lied, interrupting her mid-sentence.

"So it had nothing to do with me?" she asked, nervousness clear in her voice.

"No, it isn't." I said, smiling, "But can I ask a favor from you?" She nodded for me to continue, "Please don't help me with Grayson. I can deal with him by myself just fine."

"But-"

"I'll ask for your help when I need it. Don't worry." I smiled, reassuringly.

"Good." She said, her eyes returning to its cheerful gaze, "I need to take a fucking shower. I have been so damn worried about you." She announced, pulling away from our hug, "You can see Cal, he's in Bennett's guest room."

I nodded as I walked into the room where Elly pointed her finger to. As she walked back in her room, I walked to the door she pointed at. When I got closer, I heard singing coming from the room. Curiosity got the best of me, causing me to entered and was greeted by Bennett singing to little Cal;

His voice was silky smooth and I understand how Cal fell asleep to it, because man, was Bennett good. I quietly made my way to Bennett's side, not ever gaining his attention, "You sound amazing." I said, softly, not wanting to scare both him and the baby.

He smiled, as he looked up at me, meeting my gaze, "Thanks."

"You didn't strike me as the singing type." I commented before sitting down beside him.

"Just 'cause I'm a jock doesn't mean I don't love music." He seethed, making me look at him with wide eyes.

"Woah, what happened with you?" I asked, rocking the cradle Calum was in, not really both

"Where were you, Bailey? We were worried about you." He asked, instead of answering my question.

"One of my friends had a problem, so I went there with Parker because I didn't have a car."

"Bullshit." He muttered, "Why are you lying?"

"I'm not lying." I persisted.

"Bailey, I know you well enough to know when you're lying." He said, "Tell me where you actually were and what happened?"

"I can't." I said looking to the ground.

"Why can't you?"

"Because I can't!" I said, raising my voice, making Calum wake up and cry.

I shut my eyes, feeling bad for interrupting the child's sleep. I took a deep breathe before picking up my nephew and cradling his head, hushing him, "It's okay, Cal. I've got you. You're fine." I whispered, before lightly kissing his forehead.