Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
Entering school on Friday with just Parker and Bennett by my side with no Grayson to lean on, stirred up some questions from the students. Rumors flooded the school about how Grayson got so injured by Parker that he's now at the hospital recovering, causing Parker to be more feared by the students and surprisingly teachers, and more girls to saunter around him like a chick magnet.

At first, I believed that he enjoyed it, and Bennett did, too, but we stopped believing that when he started using me as an escape. He probably thought that the fact I'm a girl and that I was a close friend of his, I'd be fine with him using me as an excuse to get out of the mob of girls around him, because if he thought that, he's wrong. After the eighth mob of girls came around him, giggling and trying to be 'cute,' he held my hand as he sat next to me on the ground, leaning back on the tree that stood behind us, "What are you doing?" I whispered, harshly. I looked at the girls in front of us, noting that they openly stared at our intertwined hands.

"Bailey, I'm trying to make them leave," He muttered with a fake grin, as he nodded towards the girls. I took a short glance at them, realizing that they are now glaring at me.

My head turned to Parker and glared at him, "So you're saying you'd rather turn their attention to me, so they can plan my murder than handling them yourself?" I asked, looking back at him.

"I'll protect you." He said, loudly enough for the girls to hear as pulling me closer to him, hugging me tightly. I heard one of them gasp and another scoff at his action.

"Bennett." I breathed, catching Bennett's attention, interrupting his reading. Being in the middle of the two boys was fine, due to the fact that one of them were calm and collected and actually knew how to control the other one.

Bennett rolled his eyes at Parker before carrying me over to the right of him so that we switched spots, causing Bennett to be in the middle. Even though I was a person away from Parker and no longer close to him, I could still feel the glares of the girls that stood a few feet away from us. I mean honestly, them fawning over Parker was amusing at first, until they started paying attention me, which got really annoying. I took a deep breathe before standing up to actually speak, "Hi," I greeted them, earning looks of disgust from them and silencing their whispers, "If you'd be so kind to fuck off, that'd be very, very nice." I said as politely as I could. I could feel the wide eyes of Bennett and Parker's behind me. I know it was the fact that I cursed, but I'm very pretty sure I've done it before.

The girls facial expressions changed into smirks as they continued to stare daggers into my head, "Whore." One of them said, causing the whole group to snigger.

I rolled my eyes, "If you're looking for one, you guys should look in the mirror." I said, causing most of them to look taken aback, including me. I've never came up with a comeback before... Especially in this kind of situation.

"Desperate bitch can't seem to calm her ass." One of them muttered, loud enough for Bennett, Parker and I to hear

I scoffed at her words, "Excuse me?" I asked.

"You're the one strayin' in the slut lane." Another sniggered.

"Says the one that's wearing ten pounds of makeup." I scoffed. Bennett and Parker were both standing now and were smiling with amusement.

"Nice one, Bailey." Parker complimented before lightly pushing me into Bennett's arms, "But I can take it from here." He whispered just for the both, Bennett and I to hear.

Parker's back was towards the girls and winked back at us. Bennett and I held back our grins as he made his way to the little bitch squad, "Hey." He said coolly, making all of them smile in happiness that I was no longer the center of attention of him which I never was until Bennett finally cut between Parker's games, "I see that nerd is bothering you." Parker said, making me frown at his words. Even though I knew he didn't mean it, it stung when he said it.