Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Bailey, it's time to get up." I heard a soft, comforting voice say. I had no idea who this was, but I swear, when I wake up fully, I will beat this sorry person's butt. I heard shuffle going around my bed then felt a slight tap on my shoulder. Then another. Then another.

I knew the person wasn't going to stop anytime soon so I groaned in response, turning away from the person, "Go away." I muttered, "Let me sleep."

I heard the person sigh, "Bailey, I need to talk to you." The person said.

"Well, I don't." I said, opening up my eyes. At first I was blinded by the light in my room, but once my eyes adjusted to the light, I squinted again, not really understanding why the person who was speaking to me was in my room, "What are you doing here, Bennett?" I asked, my voice raspy and quiet.

"I'm being a good friend." He muttered, examining my messy room, "You're lucky I was the one to pick up the phone instead of Grayson."

I sat up, immediately regretting it afterwards. I felt nauseous which had immediately made me run to the bathroom. As I threw up in the toilet, I thought about his words. What did he mean by 'You're lucky I was the one to pick up the phone instead of Grayson'? Did I call someone last night? What even happened last night? Realization hit me as I emptied my stomach into the toilet bowl.

When I was done, I looked up to see Bennett right behind me, holding my hair up and out of the way to prevent it from getting vomit on it. He looked at me with a blank face and I immediately knew he was disappointed with me. Over the time that I've known the three boys, I knew exactly when they weren't feeling alright.

Bennett let go of my hair and flushed the toilet, before sitting down next to me on the tiled bathroom floor. We stayed like this for a while, not saying a word to each other, leaving us to think.

This happens way to often. This meaning being left in complete silence, and I'm not saying it's primarily with Bennett, but with the other guys as well. We all seem to fall into a silence that sometimes last for minutes and sometimes hours and that's what I realized when hanging out with these boys, silence will always find it's way back to us until we're dead. Silence will always be there, welcoming us back to it's corner when we are at our worst, but of course, silence sometimes have to come to an end.

"Where did you get the alcohol?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"Nowhere."

He looked at me with the same blank face he had before, then looked back at the ceiling sighing out loud in annoyance, "Do you remember anything from earlier?" He asked. As he asked that, I thought back from before I had passed out. Flashes of bits and pieces of earlier today slowly crept back into my head and I was embarrassed of my actions.

"Yes."

"Care to elaborate?"

"No."

He paused at my answer then sighed again, "Bailey, I'm only trying to-"

"Help?" I said, cutting off his sentence. I gave him a dry laugh which caused him to look at me with a raised eyebrow. Something about that word just made everything that held me down to Earth snap. My action had clearly confused him, "Look where the hell that got you, Bennett." He didn't say anything, nor did he move an inch which had only made me move closer to him, "Come on Bennett, look around, or do you want me to describe what's around you?"

Again, he didn't answer, which had made me continue, "You, the team captain of the football team who, I assume, has decent grades to help him have a great life in the future, is sitting in a bathroom of a person who wants nothing to do with you and your brother's problem, but somehow is. I don't know how you are helping me, Bennett, so please enlighten me on this and tell me how the fuck you're helping me."