Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Can you teach me how to fight?" I asked as I looked at him through the mirror I stood in front of.

There was a long silence after I asked the same question I had asked Kendall when I was younger to Carson. I wasn't expecting him to answer quickly, nor was I expecting him to answer at all, especially since this was just out of the blue. Carson and I were getting ready to attend the Ball that was going to begin in about an hour. He gave me a black and white dress that went up to my mid thigh and paid a stylist to do my hair, nails and makeup. Once the lady was done, he gave me heels that matched the dress and topped off the outfit with a silver necklace, a crown ring, and finally my glasses. He said the necklace was a good luck charm from him to me wishing me good luck when I leave today while the ring was a gift from Grayson who had given it to him to give to me to wear to the ball today.

It was an amazing outfit, but I just didn't feel comfortable with the length of the dress and the fact I could barely walk in the heels, "Is there an exact reason why I should do that right now?" He asked, finally responding to my question

"I just want to ensure my safety." I shrugged, trying to prevent my face from heating up. I was terrified for tonight. I didn't know what was going to happen and I have no knowledge of who's going to be there. There were so many things that could go wrong at this event, and the fact that I don't have a single clue of what Grayson's plan is, I'm pretty much going into battle as a blind mice.

He chuckled noticing my reaction to his responce, "You're standing in front of a young man that has special privileges due to his friendship with Max, your captor. I don't think there's anything you should worry about."

I rolled my eyes at him before turning around to face him, "At least teach me something." I whined.

"Fine." He said, getting off of the counter he sat on, "You can use your heels as a weapon and if any guy decides to touch you, make sure you kick them in the balls. All you need to do is use your common sense."

"Thanks, Carson."

"No problem, Ms. Winters." He said with a small smile, "Come on. Let's go. Don't want to be late for the Ball." I nodded as I followed him out the front door, looking around Max's house for the final time most likely in a while.

*

As I got out of Carson's black Bentley, I was bombarded by bright, flashing lights as Carson helped me out of the car. Putting a hand to block the lights from my vision, I knew immediately this was not another person's home. It was a big venue in the city. The decorations that were on the building left me in awe as I stared up at the Christmas lights that lit the red carpet that led to the entrance. I looked up at Carson and I saw the guilt in his eyes as he faked a smile at me. He leaned closer to my ear, "I suggest you smile for the camera." Carson said, handing me my phone that he had in his pocket, "I'm going to hand you off to Bennett soon. I'm with Max if you ever need anything."