Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
Ashlee.

The pretty brunette stood in front of both Grayson and I, smirking at me, "Hey, Child." She greeted me.

I stared at her wide eyed as her smirk deepened at my flushed self. Since I haven't been s "I... Um- Didn't know you were here." I stammered, flushed.

Ashlee was a light skinned brunette that was a few inches taller than me. She had glasses that hugged her face, protecting her playful, brown eyes. She wore a casual, black dress that stopped around her knees accompanied with black, low-cut converse. Her playful and bright exterior didn't match her style but that's exactly what makes her unique.

"I was just waiting for Mike." She said, knowingly, "After all, I am his best friend." Ash said, emphasizing 'best friend.'

I sighed, "How much did you hear?" I asked, shutting my eyes.

She sighed. I could tell she felt bad, "Everything." She said, quietly, making me open my eyes. She looked at me confused, "Why do you think so highly of me?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Because I know Mikey does." I answered, simply with a small grin, "I trust whoever Mikey trusts and you happen to be the one he trust most... after me, of course."

Ash's smile widened, "Cocky little, Bailey is what you are." She commented, before her eyes averted behind me to Grayson, "And who might you be?" She asked, nodding at him.

I turned my body to face Grayson. He had a small smile, "I'm Grayson, her... friend, I guess." Grayson answered, his eyes briefly meeting me, before it went back to Ashlee. I could see Ashlee who's facial expression changed into a confused stare, looking at the both of us.

When she noticed that she was staring, her expression changed into a fake, forced on smile, "Since you're here, Bailey, I was wondering if you can help me with something. It's going to be real quick, I promise."

"Okay." I said, before turning to Grayson, "I'll be right back. Wait for me."

He nodded, giving me a grin before moving his gaze back to the CDs that were in front of him. I walked away with Ash as she led me to where all the instruments were and where you can test them out, "So what's you ned help with?" I asked as she turned around to face me.

"Well I actually wanted to talk to you about several things. I didn't really want your friend to hear." She said, making me grin at her.

"I kind of got the hint when you gave that fake smile to the both of us." I said.

"Was that obvious?" She asked, flushed.

"Yeah." I chuckled, "You really need to learn how to fake a smile."

She rolled her eyes, playfully, "Anyway, are you dating that friend of yours there?" She asked.

My mouth suddenly went dry and I didn't know what to say, "I don't know." I said.

"Are you two friends with benefits?" Ash continued to question.

"I don't know."

"So, you're saying you did the deed with him already? Because if so, I swear I will disown you." She threatened me.

"I'm still clean." I said, "I'm as pure as I ever will be, I promise."

She sighed in relief, "Good." She said, "I don't want to see you with kids yet."

"I'm not that stupid." I muttered.

"I apologize for being a protective friend. I don't want my best friend's little person to have a human growing inside of her." She said, defensively, "You also can't blame me because when I was introduced to him a few minutes ago, I could feel the sexual tension." She shrugged, "My little Bailey is growing up." She cooed, pinching my cheek.

I swiped away her hand, "We don't have any sexual tension!" I whined.

"Well, from where I was standing it was radiating off of the two of you like a microwave." She shrugged. I stared at her, confused at her comparison, "Let's go before they start to worry." I nodded, still thinking about what she said... A microwave?

We exited the room before returning to where Ashlee found Grayson and me. Grayson was still there, sifting through the CD's. He must've heard us, because when we came down the row, his head shot up in our direction. He flashed his teeth at me with a small smile and I smiled back. I ignored Ashlee's gaze between the two of us, because I knew if I looked at her I'd blush red, "Hey, Bails." Grayson greeted me, before looking at Ashlee, silently questioning her with his brown eyes as I walked to his side.

She put both her hands up, as if surrendering to him, "She's all yours." Ashlee winked at him before turning to me with a smirk, "I'll see you later, Bails." She said, playfully, mocking my nickname, making me flush.

I rolled my eyes at her before he wrapped his arms around me. Ashlee smirked at me knowingly, "Next time I see you two, you guys better be together." She said, winking at the both of us before turning on her heals an walked in a different direction, leaving Grayson and I.

I looked up at Grayson only to see his eyes already on me, "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Because I'm thinking about the future and how I hope we are together by his the next time we see her." He said, barely above a whisper. I smiled at him, focusing my vision on his face.

I hope so too.

*

When coming home from the music store, it was midday. To fill in the silence that was in the car, we talked about school and what we were going to do after we graduate. Dylan's thinking of going for a job in computer engineering, while both Grayson and I, just thought about what university we thought about going into.

"Where do you want to go to, Bailey?" Dylan asked, "And don't say USC."

I chuckled, softly, knowing that in sports, USC and UCLA both have a rivalry between each other, "Well, I really want to go to Stanford, but I don't want to leave this place." I said, quietly, still focusing my eyes on the road, "Too many things to leave behind." From the corner of my eye, however, I saw Grayson slump down in his seat when I said my answer.

"How about you, Grayson?"

"I was thinking of going to UCLA to be with Bennett and Parker." Grayson said, shrugging.

"What are you going to study?" Dylan asked.

"Probably something that has to do with architecture or writing. I don't know." He said, clearly unsure of what subject to major in.

"Well, you still have loads of time to think about this. Just pick something that you know you'll enjoy." Dylan said, as I parked the car at the front of my house.

As the three of us walked up to the front door, I realized that the front door was unlocked and open, letting us hear yells and frantic footsteps from the inside. I stared at it confused and then looked back at Dylan and Grayson, who both had the same confused face on.

I opened the door, and stepped inside my household where Luke was gathering around a body whilst yelling at Elly and Bennett to help him out. In the background of this all, Calum was crying loudly at the sound that was happening around him. I took focus on the unconscious body and my eyes widened and tears welled up in my eyes as I realized who's body was laying before all of us.

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey people.
I'm sorry for not posting last week and the week before and a very short, late chapter. I had a lot of stress with my homework and people are being complete sh*theads at my school, so I really do hope you understand.

Just to let you know, idk if I'm going to publish next week due to the things I'm currently dealing with, but that doesn't mean I won't do it over the weekend.

On another not, thanks for all the support you guys are giving towards the book. I love you guys so much and I feel like I can't thank you guys enough.

Anyway, I love you guys and I hope you guys like the book.

:-) <3