20

Tazza's POV

I took of my track suit so I was just in my track outfit, I put on my spikes and stretched out my muscles. I took to the docks, I was showing my 400m.

"Set.....Bang!" The gun clapped through the stadium.

I sprinted like I was doing the 100m, I looked to my right to see Jax nudging my Dad and Usain, they both had shocked expressions on there faces. I was coming up to the finish line and I sprinted the last straight.

"37.64 seconds" Jax said, it wasn't my best time and I was gutted even if this was just practice.

"Why you upset with that? You beat the world record" Usain said looking at me with a shock expression.

"She wants to get 20-35s tregion" Jax said folding his arms.

I looked at my dad who was still amazed "Wow, you're unbelievable"

"Well you better start believing Dad" I winked at him.

I continued training till 6 and made arrangements to have lunch with Usain, today was a good day.

-----A few weeks later, the start of the Olympic Games-------------------------

Today was the day, I was super scared. Jamaica were 3rd on the leaderboard and if we won the majority of our races today we would be placed 1st. The coach pulled up outside the olympics stadium, I could hear fans screaming and shouting but I was completely focused I had my beats headphones on and I was playing music that got me hyped. I grabbed my bag and headed to the front of the bus.

"And here she is, Tiana 'Tazza' Anderson, the newbie to the Olympics but so called extremely unpredictable. But will she make the world shocked and bring it home for Jamaica? The coaches and herself have decided to keep her in-training times quiet, so thats ever extremely good or quite bad, but like they said, she's extremely unpredictable" I could hear the podcasting reporter in my headphones.

I touched the hands of some fans but Trish and I didn't get as much recognition as the others. We made it inside and I could already see a few celebrities, I shook their hands - most of them American. I could see the other contestants and in the corner of my eye I could see Justin Gatlin and Tyson Gay looking me up and down, before I knew it they were waling over to me.

"Hello Tazz, I heard you're the new kid joining the olympics this year" Justin said in a suspicious way.

"Aha yeah, I've been working hard" I replied conserving myself.

"Considering you're only 20 you must have been"

"Yeah aha" I said being deliberately shy.

"Well good luck" Tyson said noticing it was awkward.

"Yeah you're gonna need it" Justin added and they both laughed whilst walking away.

"Hey, ignore them, they're just trying to shake you off your game" Shelly said Veronica behind her.

"Nobody is shaking me out of this phase, it's just made me even more competitive" I replied acting calm.

"It's because you're young, everyone here is 8-16 years older than you, they think they can take advantage of you, don't let them. Nat and Elaine got the same when they first started" Ronnie smiled and they both walked away.

"400 metres" The caller shouted and all of the athletes followed him outwards.

We stood in our teams, Shelly, Trish, Veronica, Elaine, Natasha, Asafa, Usain, Nesta, Yohan and Micheal side by side all in alignment. The navigator called out our team and the doors opened in front of us, cheers exploding my ear drums. We stood there admiring the cheers of desperate people showing their support to the Jamaican team, I looked at Trish then to Usain. We all linked hands and once we had we raised them up in the air showing our gratitude of the fans support and they cheered louder. Our time was up and we walked over to our station where my dad, Jax and Belinda stood along with our helpers, I stripped off my tracksuit and handed it to one of the helpers and drank water. The ceremony for the competing teams was over and the navigators called for the 400m contestants again.

"You got this Tazz!" The team cheered and I gave them the thumbs up.

"Marks" The navigator called out and everyone took to their docks.

I put my feet into the tarmac stands, my fingers placed specifically behind the line, I could feel the nerves getting to me but I slowed down my heart rate and let out a gust of air.

"Set" The moments between the word set and the sound of the gun felt like hours I was so eager.

"Bang!" The second the gun set off I shot up out of the docks.

I could feel my legs picking up pace dramatically and the cheers of the people turn to shock, they had never seen anyone sprint the 400m before. I kept sprinting I felt like I had all the stamina in the world the stadium fell quiet the only cheers I could hear was of my own team, I sprinted ever faster. The final stretch was in sight I felt my legs uncontrollably move faster so I went with it, the line got closer and closer and I lunged through it letting out a scream. As soon as I stopped screaming I could hear the ricochet of the cheers fill the stadium, I could feel the tears of joy swell my face and I let them out feeling proud of myself, I opened my eyes to see the other runners only just cross the line.

"And she's done it! She is the winner of the 400m! Everyone full of doubt but the youngster has brought it home at an unbelievable 32.43 seconds! Absolutely smashing all the current 400m records!"

I felt bodies slam into mine and cameras flashing everywhere, I had stunned the world my entire plan.

"OH MY GOD TAZZ YOU'VE WON IT! YOU'VE WON IT" Trish screamed in my face all I could do was let out tears.

-------

It was now time for the relay, I had won all of my events breaking all of the world records - even Usains.

400m - World Record - 32.43 seconds - 10mil prize money

200m - World Record - 18.21 seconds - 10mil prize money

100m - World Record - 8.71 seconds - 15mil prize money

"Marks" I took to the last stretch and watched as Shelly took to the docks.

I looked beside me to see a very familiar rival, it was Ella. We gave each other nothing but a glance, I could tell she ate the fact I was receiving all the attention, I could tell the USA side was too.

"Set....Bang!"

I watched Shelly launch out of the docks, she had a fabulous start, catching the lead as a great starter. Shelly and Veronica having a perfect switch over, Ronnie had a perfect run down the straight moving further to the front coming closer and closer to Natasha, they also had a  beautiful switch over, Natasha was coming in fast around that bend and I jogged a few steps forward and felt the cold metal baton get placed into my hands I sprinted forward the cheers of the crowds and teammates pushing me further, the line was in close range so I looked up to the monitor to see no one beside me, instead I saw something tragic. I crossed the line setting another world record but wasting no time to celebrate I ran back down my lane, I ran up to where the tragedy had happened, Ella was there sitting on the floor.  I knew she was getting second but she hurt herself and fell over hurting herself even more. I picked up her arm and rapped it around my shoulder, I picked her up and helped her limp past the finishing line, she finished last but she and I was proud she till finished.

"Why would you do that?" she sniffled letting out the last of her tears.

"Because sisters don't watch another crash and burn" I said looking into her eyes.

"I'm sorry Tazz"

"I'm sorry Ella"

She threw her arms around me hugging me right before cameras were flashing in my face and my team were screaming and cheering.