Mountain Gleen

Yang P.O.V

As we were fighting our next batch of Grimm, Doctor Oobleck then asked me a weird question, "Tell me Yang, why did you choose this line of work?"

I turned around and said, "Huh? Well, to fight monsters and sav-"

The doc then cut me off and said, "No, that is what you do, I want to know why you do it. The honest reason as to why you want to be a Huntress."

I then answered and said, "The honest reason? I'm a thrill seeker. I wanna travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way and make new friends, then that's even better. It's a win-win y'know?"

Oobleck then said, "I see."

I noticed Oobleck talking to Weiss and Blake, as I then went towards Uncle Goku and said, "Why is Oobleck asking us the same question Uncle Goku?"

He then smiled and said, "Don't worry Yang, I have a pretty good feeling you know why he's asking you."

We were all then together, as Ruby was playing around with Zwei, while she dangled a turkey over him with her Scythe and she quickly stopped and said, "Sorry! Uhh, are we ready to keep going?"

Oobleck then tossed me his bag, as he then said, "No, I believe that will have to do for today. It's going to be dark soon. You three, set up camp in that building. Oh and please do make sure that there are no more of those, creatures. Your leader and trainer and I are going to secure the perimeter come Ruby, come Goku."

Me, Weiss, and Blake had finally set up camp, as we already made a fire.

I then said a bit disappointingly, "I can't believe we didn't find anything."

Blake then said, "We've always been fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. I guess we can't always have luck on our side."

Weiss then brought something up, as she said, "That's not what I meant."

Blake then said, "Huh?"

Weiss then said a bit guilty, "Earlier, about, upholding a legacy. There's more to it then that."

I then said a bit unsure, "Yeah, no me to. I mean, I don't know."

Blake then got up and said, "I don't know either. I know what I want to do but, I figured I'd always take things one step at a time."

I tried to reassure myself, as I then said, "Well, it doesn't matter, we know why we're here. Right?"

Oobleck came out of nowhere and said, "Ah wonderful. A textbook campfire."

Ruby was behind him as she said happily, "Fire! Ssssoooo....warm...."

Oobleck then said, "Very good, eat your dinners and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and we'll need you to take turns keeping watch over our temporary abode, any volunteers for first watch?"

Ruby raised her hand and said, "Yo."

Ruby walked by me, as I then asked her, "Hey, did Oobleck ask you why you wanted to be a Huntress? I mean, what did you tell him?"

Ruby then said, "Hm, no he didn't, weird. Oh well goodnight guys."

I looked at the fire, as I still was thinking about why I wanted to be a Huntress.

Uncle Goku then made it back as he then said, "Hey girls, you all seem to have something on your minds. What's up?"

I then was about to say something as Blake then said, "We're alright Goku. We're all just tired."