.sixteen.

|Sarah's P.O.V.|

Boston, an illuminating city at night and a pain in the rear end during the day. It's a gorgeous city and I'm happy I've gotten this opportunity to see it. Sadly, I like New York better. It's like home to me, but I do have a sweat spot for big cities.  I guess that's why I moved to New York and wanted to go to College there.Taking new chances and experiences has always been up my alley.

Being Niall's friend is going go be a new experience as well. A scary one I might add. I still find it weird to think about him and I being friends. Everything that has went on between us throughout the years? Yikes, yikes, yikes.

I feel like the reason why we are giving this a try is because we've grown up into young adults. We can handle this without causing drama. Well, I can... I don't know about him. He seems like he'll enjoy this since he's always talking to me.

Which is kind of nice?

What is even wrong with me. I must be bipolar. Obviously I am, I better text my mom to get me pills. Or should I get a therapist? Yes, I'll go through therapy.

Therapy is always the answer.

Speaking of texting my mom, I probably should. The last time I talked to her was a week ago. Which was when she asked about my graduation. I told her the date and time, then told her I loved her. She said the same thing back and that was it. But she understands how busy I am and let's me text her first.

My mom's name is Mary Lynn. Yes, I know just like my own and my sisters. She thought it would be so cool for all of us to have something in common. Our something in common happened to be our names. Mary Lynn, Logan Lynn, Sarah Lynn. Lynn isn't our middle name though, it Is a part of our first. But usually I tell people it is my middle name since I don't actually have one.

It's complicated and stupid, but let me just say she has a cool soccer mom name to fit her soccer mom self. I started calling her this after Aspen told me what soccer mom meant. She is quite known in Ireland as 'ML'. Which sounds like Mel so most people call her Mel. My mom has more drama in her life than me.

Crazy right?

Ever since Logan and I were little and before dad passed Mary Lynn, my mom was into everything related with school and sports. It first started off as her going to school board meetings, then PTA, along with different membership clubs at the school. When I was little I thought it was so cool since I always saw my mom at school, but then suddenly Logan would complain to me about it.

She would say 'Mom is so embarrassing, never let her see you in school,' or 'I hate mom. She never knows when to stop'. Her being my older sister I listened. This was when Logan and I got along, which was when we were around seven and eight years old.

I didn't understand why she was so embarrassed by mom, but once I got into the sixth year I realized what she meant. It would get so bad at school that the teachers would ask me infront of the whole class how my mom was doing and would text her during the class period.

Everyone made fun of it, until the next year when all the kids in my class including Niall started asking me about my mom.

'How's Mel? Is she going to be there for football (soccer) practice?'

'Sarah! Mel is going to bring my mom that cookie recipe right?'

'Why can't Mel be my mom?'

Was I popular? Yes. Was my mom? Yes, more than me.

She's one of those moms, but you got to love her. Which Logan doesn't understand since she is on her period 24/7 every single day. Honestly, I've never met a person who is like my sister. How can you be a bitch all the time? Like don't you have some soul or no? Well I guess not, because I can't remember the last time she said thank you to me or our mom.