.thirty nine.

|Sarah's P.O.V|

She split us up, pushing Logan to the couch and frantically sitting me up in the chair. She stood in the middle of the two of us, tears falling  down her cheeks. The faint glow of the TV made them stand out.

"You're ridiculous!" Mom yelled at Logan who was sobbing like her life depended on it. Myself on the other head was trying to calm down. I was trying so hard to get the thought Logan put in my head.

I stared at the ground as my mom stroked my hair gently. As bad as it sounds, I felt bad for Logan. I don't want her to think I've wanted and gotten all the attention these years.

"Hunny, none of that is true. Do not listen to her." She pulled my head towards her so I was resting on her stomach. Her fingers still calmly moved throughout my hair.

"Are you kidding me Mary? She's the one that ruined our family!" Logan yelled back at our mother. Each word leaving her mouth sounded disgusting to hear. I hated this, why was this happening?

Before I could process what was happening, my mom let me go. This drew my attention to what she was doing. Inches away from Logan, both of them stared each other dead in the eyes. Then my mom slapped Logan acrossed the face. Logan instantly in shock and in tears, our mother staring directly at her.

"I swear to god Logan," She didn't get to finish because Logan was pushing past her to the stairs where our old bedrooms laid. "HE'S DEAD I KNOW, SARAH IS NOT THE FUCKING REASON SO QUIT!" The last part was more louder only because Logan slammed the door and was in another room.

This left the two of us, myself still in shock and my mother who was about to break in any second. I watched as she crumbled, slowly sitting down in the couch, sobbing. Seeing her like this was way worse than how I was feeling. Starting to cry as well, I got up from my spot and walked over to her. Sitting down, I placed a comforting arm around her.

"Mom, please don't cry. I'm so sorry." I whispered, my breathing starting to quicken. More big alligator tears ran down my cheeks.

"No sweetie, I'm sorry. I don't know why she's like this," She removed her hands from her face, wrapping her arms around me. I did the same, both of us hugging each other tight. For some reason this made me weep even harder. "What did I do to make her like this? She was perfectly fine these past couple years. It was like she was making up for all her bad out breaks. Why is she having one right now?"

What my mom was saying made me realize that Logan must of made up most of the stuff she said to me. Like how I ruined the family and that mom cried everyday about it...she just wanted to hurt me... she's jealous that I'm back.

Rubbing her back, I sniffled before telling her what Logan confessed to me.

"She told me once I was born I took dad away from her," My heart was racing just thinking about being Logan and feeling like nobody loved you. Being jealous of your sibling, having everything taken away from you. "I didn't mean to mom. I swear I didn't mean to hurt her." Whimpers left my mouth and my mom took my face in her hands. She looked deeply into my eyes while I looked into hers. They were watery, tear after tear fell down her semi wrinkled face. Her mascara was running down to her chin and her red lipstick was smeared.

"It's not your fault. It's mine, it's Dad's," she paused, looking away from me, but her shaky hands still held my face gently. "Jesus Christ, I never knew she felt that way. I need to go talk to her." That is when her hands released my face, but I couldn't let her talk to her. Grabbing her wrist, she looked at me confused.

Swallowing the large lump I had stuck in my throat, I let out a deep sigh.

"I'll go."

And before mom could argue with me, I stood up and quickly walked to the stairs. There was only a few so I was at Logan's old bedroom door in seconds. Trying to gain confidence to knock, I knew she wouldn't answer it if I did.