.twenty one.

I'm going to start doing flashbacks....

And yes I understand that Niall's parents split but this is just a fanfic and none of this is real

Or is it?

*
*

|Sarah's P.O.V.|

FLASHBACK

I always hated family night. Family night meant that the Horan's would come over and we'd have a fun competition between us.

It is honestly the dumbest thing that has been going on in my life for two years now. Every other Friday makes me cringe and dread being alive.

This is how it works; The Horan's arrive with smiles, along with cookies and beer. Usually Niall's mom walks in, then Greg, then Niall's dad and last but not least, Niall. It's always been this order and it has never changed. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on how they walk into places. They just seem like that kind of people.

After the greetings and the hugs, Niall and I exchange glares while him and my sister literally take a stroll to the bathroom and make out for about ten minutes. Why ten minutes? I don't know, but I do know that is the time it takes to get everything set up. 

Usually Greg and I have to set everything up. Yeah, the good brother and the good sister get stuck doing all the work... I don't get it. Then the bad sister and bad brother get to snog their lives away in the bathroom. Literally disgusting, especially it being them too.

Our parents usually heat up some food and talk about stupid things that happened at work. Mom always tells me it's polite to set things up and let the adults talk. I really can't argue with her, so I obey and listen. Logan and Niall should be helping us, but our parents get too caught up in conversation to notice they never help. It's kind of shitty, but I let it go. If I tried speaking up for myself then Logan would throw a huge fit to get me in trouble.

Greg is an awesome guy though. He is super nice and gets how annoying a sibling is. Even though Greg is 22 and I'm only 15, he tells me how mature I am. I can't help but feel good about myself because a 22 year old is basically complimenting my maturity.

Throughout the two years of us doing this, Greg and I have gotten to get to know each other. And let me just tell you, he's so much better than Niall. Both of us talk about trading our siblings for each other and plan stupid ways for them to die. Is that too much? Obviously we are only joking around.

"Guess what," Greg said, shuffle a pile of red apple cards. At the O'Riley's we play Apples to Apples and at the Horan's we go outside and play a mean game of football/soccer. It's a tradition we can't stop. I don't mind it though, I love the good competition..

Myself, shuffling the green apple cards, I make sure they are all facing the right way. "What? Have you pulled a prank on Niall lately?" I assumed he was going to tell me a prank he came up with. His pranks are literally the best.

Greg set down the pile he had in his hands and picked up another pile. "No, sadly not," he shook his head. "But, I'm finally moving out!" Greg smiled cheering a little bit. Once those words left his lips I almost dropped the cards out of my hands.