.fourty one.

|Sarah's P.O.V|

Niall took my left hand in his right, bowing down and then kissing it. His eye contact never left mine, all I could do was smile. The gentleman Niall has become still amazes me. When we were kids he was the rudest boy alive, now he's completely opposite. My hand still in Niall's, he led me out into the dancing area where couples danced freely to the music. I love when people danced with no care in the world, for some reason it comforted me.

The song that was on was a One Direction song. I knew it was, but I didn't want to say anything to ruin the moment.

"So, are you going to break out your Irish jig for me?" I couldn't help but ask, chuckling in the process. Niall smiled down at me, taking an arm around my waist. I did the same thing, but my arms fell around his neck loosely. Both of us were centimeters apart, moving step by step slowly. My eyes stayed intact with his crystal blue ones, the eyes that could mesmerize me in seconds. They've always have even if I didn't want to admit it years ago.

"I'll only do the Irish jig if you do it with me." He winked, taking one of my hands in his so he could spin me around. I found myself twirling in seconds, a small grin forming upon my lips as my body collied back to his. Niall's perfect teeth flashed at me. I've had braces as well, but I don't know how Niall keeps his so pearly white.

"Well, maybe we'll have to have a competition." I'm thinking this party which is set in Ireland will have to play a good ole Irish song. If not this is not a true Irish party. Plus, I was really good at doing the jig. Maybe I wasn't as good as Niall, but I am a close second.

"Maybe we shall Miss. O'Rielly." Niall twirled me out a again, corralling me back up into his chest. As my back rested against his chest, the song ended and in seconds another song was on. This one again by One Direction. Does this DJ have anything better else to play? Don't get me wrong, One Direction has pretty good songs, but I want some songs that I know and enjoy.

This song was a little more up beat, I think it was called No Control. Aspen used to play it all the time before we came on this trip with them. If I can recall right, No Control was even her alarm tone. Very shortly as this song started to get into the chorus, Niall and I let go of each other so we called dance crazily like everyone else.

I'm not one to opening dance like a maniac, but watching Niall do this weird dance to the chorus made me laugh so hard. After watching him do it, I realized more people were doing it along with him. Studying what they were doing, it looked so familiar...

"That's the dance from Carpool Karaoke with James!" I yelled so he could hear me. Niall nodded with a smile, but at the same time he looked at me curiously. Rolling my eyes in the process, I came closer to him, not wanting to admit how I knew what I said.

"Aspen, she had to watch the Carpool Karaoke while I was in the room." It was true and I'll only admit this to myself... I enjoyed it.  The song slowly began to stop to an end and again, ANOTHER One Direction song came on.

"What is it with all these 1D songs? I'm sick of it." Niall joked while rolling his eyes at me. It was quite cute and funny so I laughed. One of the best qualities about Niall is that he knows how to make someone laugh. Listening to the new song, the bass in the background was starting and I knew once again what song it was. But this time I didn't say anything, only let Niall take my hand.

Shooting him a smile, I noticed he looked different than before. He didn't look like his normal happy/crazy self. To me he looked more serious. The last thing I wanted to ask was 'what's wrong?' So I decided to comment on the songs of his band.

"These songs are deep."

He spun me around once before bringing me close to his chest, our faces barely touching. This caught me off guard, and for a second I was breathless against his chest. My eyes found their way onto his lips, but I was too stunned to move in.