.thirty.

|Sarah's P.O.V.|

I felt like a deer in headlights. All the attention was on me and the tension kept building. It felt like a year before I finally found the strength to get up and walk over to Niall who was leading the way.

Nobody spoke, which made it even more awkward. Obviously, everyone was as confused as me. Who even saw Niall calling me out in front of everyone?

Nobody, nobody at all.

I walked at a slower pass than Niall so I wasn't at an awkward pass with him. He didn't seem to notice, but once we walked into this random room he shut the door and we both made very intense eye contact.

Do I say something? Should I wait for him to say something? What is this even about?

My feet started to moved in out and right away Niall noticed and walked right over to me. We were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face. My hands were close to my sides, but his were resting on both of my arms. Not knowing what to do, I stood there with my eyes on the ground.

"I have to tell you something important." Niall said confidently.

Dear God, please don't say what I think he's going to say.

Not wanting to hear what he was about to say I interrupted him before he could talk.

"Niall, please don't do this now. There's so much on my mind and the last thing I want is to ruin our friendship." By saying friendship, his eyes sunk down just a little. He wasn't the only one that was hurting.

"But, what you said--"

"I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry Niall." Every word I spoke I felt my heart start to sink more and more. I didn't mean anything I was saying, but I had to stop this before we got closer.

"Sarah, you don't mean that. I can tell you don't mean that." His hands gripped my arms a little tighter. It wasn't to the point till it hurt, but it was definitely getting there. I ignored it because I was too distracted by his pleading blue eyes. He needed answers and I had none to give to him.

Looking away, I felt tears start to form in the corners of my eyes. I didn't want the to fall, not right now. "Niall, please let me go." I wasn't in the mood to try to fight him away. Nor was I in the mood to discuss this topic with him.

"Not till I hear what you truly feel." He whispered down at me, trying to look me in the eyes. I wouldn't give in because I knew once I looked up my tears would spill out uncontrollably.

Shaking my head, I couldn't do this anymore. Not right now, maybe not ever. Niall couldn't force out my feelings towards him. Especially when I wasn't even sure how I felt. This had to stop.

"Let go of me." I stated sternly. This time I made eye contact with him, the wet tears rolled down my cheeks one after another. Niall noticed and I swear I saw his lip tremble for a second.

"Sarah, I--"

"Don't finish it. Let me go." I yelled. Without hesitation he did. I couldn't help but look at Niall disgusted. He can't force me to do anything.

Staring at him for awhile, tears still running down my cheeks, I shook my head disapprovingly at him. All I could see was hurt in his eyes.

"To think I was actually going to consider telling you how I really felt, but all you had to do was ruin it." I couldn't stop my mouth from saying it. When I said it my heart broke, and when Niall heard me say this, his face sadden down.

"What am I supposed to do? Continue every single day knowing the girl I lo--"

"You don't love me Niall. You love the thought of me."