.thirty five.

It says I didn't publish this part, but I know I did.... so what the fuck 😂

|Sarah's P.O.V|

The heavy weight that has been on my chest for years was finally lifted. I felt free and wanted to smile. This just happened, I just told Niall Horan I've been in love with him with one of his songs.

My heart wasn't beating as fast anymore, all I could feel now were the nerves in my stomach. Waiting for a response felt like years.

I stood about five feet away from Niall now. His face was indescribable. Niall was either shocked, mad, happy, or a mixture of all three. Harry on the other hand stood behind me and I wasn't sure how he was reacting to all of this.

My eyes left Niall's, but I felt he continued to stare.... should I break the silence?

"I get it if you want me to leave..." I trailed on, moving my feet inward and outward. I decided to check if he was still staring, he wasn't... he was staring behind me. Wanting to know what Harry was doing, I slowly turned my head.

There was Harry making big hand gestures to Niall, mouthing, "She loves you, you fucking idiot! Say something!" After a second or two, Harry noticed my stares and quickly stopped.

"Uh, I'll go check on what Lilo is doing." Is all he said before he excused himself out of the room. I don't know if I would rather be alone with Niall Right now or not...

What exactly was I even feeling?

What was Niall feeling?

"You don't have to leave." His voice was shaky, he was nervous as well. More butterflies flew around in my stomach. I wanted to smile so bad, but I needed a response from Niall right now.

Nodding my head, I took a few steps closer to him. My makeup probably looked terrible, but I knew Niall wouldn't judge me for it.

"I said it." I whispered. Now my heart was beating rapidly again. I had no idea what he was going to say and this really bothered me.

"You did." He let out a big huff he must of been holding for awhile. The tone of his voice was not noticeable enough to read.. was he mad?

"I'm sorry Niall. I ruined everything and you probably don't even like me anymore for what I did." Bad thing to say Sarah.

My eyes met Niall's for a brief second, he looked angry.

"Like you? Sarah! I have been in love with you since I killed your fucking hamster! This whole time, every since school I've been trying to get your attention! I was so dumb at the time that I played the, 'if I'm mean to her she'll like me' card. That's why I treated you like shit! I treated you like shit when really you should of been treated like a princess.... a queen." He took a deep breath, looking at me once more. Niall had tears In his eyes, and so did I.

I never knew he felt this way for so long. When he kissed me for the first time at his house, I thought that's when he started to like me. But I was completely wrong, blindsided this whole time.

"Niall, I never knew.." he cut me off.

"It killed me when I saw you with other guys. It killed me when you had no idea how much I loved you. You had no idea how hard I tried to get your attention and talk to you everyday. Sarah, I was so stupid for hurting you everyday. I have no idea why I thought it was the right thing to do. But since then I've beat myself up everyday because of it. I've hurt you so bad and I know you know it too. I was an asshole," he cut the last sentence short with a shaky breath. But before I could say anything, he continued. "I'm sorry Sarah. I'm sorry that I left you the way I did."