.fourty four.

|Sarah's P.O.V|

Once Aspen came back I felt safer. Not physically safer, but the type of safe where you feel comfortable. I felt comfortable just from Aspen's company. She knew how to take things off my mind and have me not worry. It was nice and I also told her I'm done with giving up. She liked hearing that and then suggested shopping for our graduation dresses. Aspen is slick and knows the right time to ask anything.

Gathering my purse and my keys, Aspen limped slowly around our small dorm without her crutches. She barley used them now when we were in a small area. From the distance I heard Aspen groan which made me look over at her. I noticed she was struggling with getting her wheelchair out from behind her bed.

"Need assistance?" I asked while walking over to her, she nodded before backing away so I could get at it. Once the wheel chair was out, I unfolded it so she could push it.

"Thanks, ugh I wish I could just walk around normally at the mall." She told me the crutches were hurting her arms so she wanted to use the wheelchair today. I looked at her leg which had the gaudy cast on and I sighed, knowing just what to say.

"But hey, If you never broke that damn leg we wouldn't be where we are today." I said directing it more towards her and Louis. Talking about Niall was something I didn't like doing. Even though I said I didn't want to give up anymore- I wasn't ready to hear from Niall.

A smile formed on Aspen's face and this also made me smile. Seeing Aspen happy made me happy. "Very true." She said and then limped to the front door and opened it. I was right behind her while she pushed the wheel chair out of the building and to my car that was fairly close. Being the nice friend I am I went outside before hand so she could just walk to it without a big hassle.

Looking around outside while she pushed the wheelchair, I noticed how warm it was. It felt like just yesterday it wasn't warm at all. Right before we left I remember it being windy and kind of chilly. But now it's perfect weather for graduation.

As Aspen got in I folded up the wheelchair and placed it in the back. I then made my way around the car and hopped in. Aspen already had the radio on full blast as someone talked with their other colleague.

"Listen." Aspen commanded and I gave her a funny look wondering what was so important about their conversation. But once I began to put on my seat belt I was dead still.

"Do you think One Direction is actually breaking up? I mean they are the biggest boy band in the world." One of the guys said and I was instantly confused.

"Nah, why would they? They all said it was a break and they want to do other things. Those guys have been on the move since day one. They deserve a break--" Aspen cut off the radio and quickly looked at me with confused eyes. I was doing the same, not expecting this to happen.

"What the fuck? I have to text Louis." With that she took out her phone and began to type rapidly. I wanted to do the same thing, but Niall and I are on way different terms.

"Well this is weird." I commented while pulling out of the university. To be honest I was hopping Louis would answer back as soon as possible, but with time change he could be sleeping or preforming.

"Tell me about it. You'd think he would have told me about it." Aspen seemed ticked off. I wanted to say she shouldn't be mad since the boys probably couldn't tell anyone. It's their decision, not anyone else's.

"Yeah, but look at it this way, you guys can spend a lot of time together." This was true. In the back of my head I know the boys wanted a break. This break could be an opportunity to start a life- a family. For some reason Aspen doesn't see it like that right now. All that is showing is her fan girl self.