.thirty seven.

|Sarah's P.O.V|

My moms fragile hands fumbled with her nice wine glasses, not letting me help her. She insisted I sit down and relax while she got the drinks.

In the kitchen was a big island, with only four stools around it which Louis helped Aspen onto and he proceeded to take a seat next to her. My mom offered for her to sit down, she was dying to hear the story on how she broke it.

"Harry, Liam, sit down. Niall and Sarah can go get more stools in the basement." My mom motioned for the two boys to sit, then shot me a wink. She's still the same lady I left three years ago.

"I guess we are getting more stools." I sighed dramatically at Niall. He let out a sarcastic groan, throwing his head back.

"C'mon Mary, we've been here for five minutes and you already have me working?" He eyed my mother, giving her face of a lazy little kid. My mom just smiled, pouring the wine gently.

"Boy, you be quiet. Now, should I give your mother a ring?" She asked politely. I was surprised when she asked, I didn't know her and Maura still spoke.

Niall started to get giddy, most likely excited to see his mother as well.

"Yes please." He said, then grabbed my hand, leading me to the basement door. Niall opened it, motioning me to go first. I thanked him, and then continued to run down the stairs quickly. The feeling of the fluffy carpeting making me happy.

Around the corner were the extra two stools. I took a hold of one while Niall swiftly grabbed the other one.

"You got it?" He asked me while he watched me walk awkwardly with the big wooden swivel chair. My weak arms barley had a hold on it, making me worried for the ten steps I had to walk up.

Letting out a loud huff, I nodded. "Yes I do Niall. Do I look weak?" Yeah you probably do Sarah...

I could tell Niall was trying not to laugh as I began to take slow steps up the stairs. Having to take breaks on every step. Niall didn't complain behind me though, only bit his tongue in a smile.

Finally reaching the top, I carried the stool with no problem and set it next to Liam. Niall then set his next to mine.

Breathing a little louder than normal, Liam gave me a look of confusion.

"Are you okay Sarah? You seem out of breath." No shit Liam I have no muscle and don't do physical activity.

Taking a seat, I tried to ignore him but everyone seemed to be looking at me. Looking down at my hands in my Lap, I sighed.

"It was heavy." I whispered in a baby voice which made everyone laugh. Including my mother who was passing out wine to each of us. I ignored the laughter even though it is pretty pathetic that I can't even lift a stool.

Quickly taking the wine glass in front of me, I took a sip of the dark red substance. I wasn't a big wine drinker, but the wine my mom always got was the best kind of wine.

"Mary do you want this chair?" Niall asked, sliding it over to her, my mom quickly denied it.

"No sweetie, you can have it. Your mother will be here any minute. Us old ladies can stand."

All of us chuckled at my mother, and Niall took a seat next to me. Before we knew it Maura was here and right away before she even gave Niall a hug, she asked what was happening between the two of us.

These 'old' ladies were in for a great story.

*

So we told them, Aspen starting off with her leg breaking because she was afraid I'd be mad once I discovered the tickets. My mom gave her a hug, and a sad face. I'm glad she did because Aspen hasn't had a hug from an elder in awhile.