Mitch's luck

Scott was late to another class, people liked to stand in the stair case, not letting kids get to their classes on time.

It didn't make sense to Scott. Not only did they make other kids late, they made themselves late too.

But Scott walks into class right after the bell rings, earning a glare from the substitute. He spots a few open seats, but rushes into the one next to Mitch. Mitch smiles and waves at him, Scott returning the wave.

"Your teacher is gone today, so we will just be watching a film today." The substitute says.

Scott notices Mitch's back pack on the ground, the front pocket open. He opens his own back pack, grabbing a pair of round, purple sunglasses and slips them into Mitch's back pack without being noticed.

Mitch hands Scott a note.

Come over after school?

Scott smiles, looking to him and whispering, "of course." Mitch smiles back. "Second times a charm, right?" Mitch frowns. The first time was when Mitch had a panic attack, when his room looked horrifying. It had taken him five hours to clean it up again.

Pretend it's your first. And don't act weird if my parents are home. Act normal, they'll like you.

"You know they'd like me?" Scott asks, unaware of how sure he was. Mitch nods. "How so?"

I just know.

---------------------

Scott and Mitch enter his house, Mitch trying to pull him upstairs before his parents noticed.

To Mitch's luck, two adults walk out from a room. One, a male, Scott takes as his dad. He was short with a mustache and bald. Next was the lady, taken as Mitch's mom, she was also short.

"I'm Nel! You must be Scott, Mitch has told us all about you!" She says excitedly. Scott looks over to Mitch, who had a hand covering his face in embarrassment.

"I'm Mike. Nice to meet you, Scott." His dad said. Scott chuckles when Mitch grabs his hand, pulling them away from his parents. He quickly waves back at them before trudging up the stairs.

The boys get into the room, it being closed behind them. Mitch sits on the bed, patting a spot next to him.

Scott crawls in with him, taking a quick selfie and adding it to his Snapchat story. Mitch giggles.

And Scott found it so fucking cute.

He kept the thoughts inside, no need to tell him anyway.

He thinks back to other day when he had to give him a ride, why he was in his car crying. And why he didn't want to explain. And why he tried to hide it.

And why Scott let him go home distraught.

He mentally punches himself for that. He could've at least made him feel a little better before sending him on his marry way. 

He seemed happier, like the whole situation never happened. Maybe he forgot, maybe he thought it wasn't relevant anymore.

Scott couldn't forget it.

How big the bags were under his eyes, the tear stained cheeks, like he'd been crying before the time he did in the car. His always perfect posture thrown away, taken over by a new, slumped one.

Scott really wanted to know what happened, but he was never one to be nosy. He understood the feeling of people pressuring him into saying things he didn't want to, somehow, it always seemed worse after it.

"Are you okay? Like, the other day and all. You don't have to tell me what happened, I just want to know if you're better now." Scott asks, regretting almost immediately after he said it.

Mitch shrugs, as if he didn't know. And he probably didn't, according to whatever type of situation it was.

"I don't want to pressure you to say anything you don't want too. If you don't want to, you don't say it, okay?" Mitch nods. He opens to a page in his notebook, grabbing his pen.

Ex-boyfriend drama. I can deal with it. Everything is fine.

"If you need me, I can beat his ass for you." Scott says, more serious than he though he would be. Mitch just laughs.

Thanks, Scotty. I think I'll be okay.

---------------------

Scott walks into Kirstie's room, ignoring the fact that even her room was gorgeous.

He hugs her, saying his greetings and sitting in a chair.

"Did you ever find out why Mitch was crying the other day? I didn't want to ask about it." Kirstie asks. Scott nods.

"The other day I was at his house and he said it was just some ex-boyfriend drama that he could deal with." Scott shrugs afterwards.

Kirstie's face goes pale, her eyes bugged out. She swallows, trying to re-gather herself in front of Scott, although the panic was way too obvious.

"What, Kirst? Is that bad?" Scott asks. She nods frantically.

"No! Everything is fine. His ex-boyfriend, I just didn't like him and am not sure why he was talking to him in the first place, but I won't question it. I have homework! You should go, actually. I'm really, really sorry Scott. Love ya!" She all but pushes Scott out of the door, slamming it shut. Scott stands there, looking at it in shock.

He had learned another trait of her: bad liar.

Scott hadn't planned on learning more about Mitch when he came here. He just wanted to hang out with Kirstie, but found out, well, expected that something bad did happen with Mitch and his ex.

Now Scott was interested. He was a part of it. He had told Kirstie what Mitch said, and come to think of it, Mitch probably wouldn't of wanted that. 

He didn't know, Mitch never told him he couldn't say anything.

But he should've just known, that was a guarantee.

But Scott figured Kirstie already knew everything, being his best friend and all. But Scott was just assuming, because he could never really know if Mitch cared or not. He he really hoped he didn't, because he didn't want to lose his friendship this early on.