Lost Files

He didn't mean to visit him in the hospital.

His legs took him there, even though his thoughts disagreed. He saw Travis, the fury in his eyes. Mitch hadn't actually left him yet. Yes, he wanted to. But he hasn't yet.

And Travis was furious. He knew exactly who Scott was. He knew Scott had feelings for Mitch, and and knew Scott was so protective over him.

Mitch was yelled at, and Travis told him that he would be hurting him if he wasn't in a hospital.

Mitch didn't know how to come about leaving Travis, so he didn't. He also didn't know how Kirstie would react when she found out it had been a week since he said he wanted to leave, but never did.

A week from talking to Kirstie and talking to Scott. Because he didn't know what to say to him.

Mitch hated violence. Most people did, but not like Mitch. He experienced it with Travis, and it terrified him when people he was close too did it as well.

And Scott scared him.

He knew Scott could take down almost anyone and it scared him. What if he got fed up with Mitch and hit him? Although Mitch knew Scott would never hurt him intentionally, it was still a little frightening.

Mitch's phone buzzes as he looks at the 24th text he hasn't replied to from Scott. He hasn't said anything to him since he got the phone call with Scott.

Scott: I'm sorry. Please talk to me. Don't do what I did. Don't shut me out.

And he didn't reply again. This time he got a phone call. He lazily answers it.

"Mitch?" He hears from the other line. He sighs in an almost relieved tone from just hearing his voice again. "Are you there?"

"Y-yes.." He says. He could practically feel Scott's smile through the phone.

"Hey..."

"Hi."

"I have to talk to you in person, honey. We can't do this if I can't see your notebook."

"No..."

"Please, Mitch."

"No." And he hangs up. He didn't know what to do. He was scared of breaking down in front of him, or doing something regretful.

His phone buzzes again, and he declines the call. Then he turns his phone off, not allowing any contact to be made with him.

---------------------

"We found fingerprints of the suspect who had hurt him." A police officer tells Mitch. He freezes.

What if Scott got sent to jail? Mitch would be devastated and convinced it was his fault. But he only nods.

"We have a picture of him, but no name quite yet. If he is familiar to you, you have to let us know." Mitch nods, trying to keeps his tears down.

"We examined the injuries closer. We have came to the conclusion that a weapon was used. Something that could have left worst bruises than just a fist. Brass-knuckles?" Mitch couldn't believe what he was hearing. Scott used a weapon? "Whoever did this wanted to kill him and didn't succeed. That is clear."

He knew Scott would hurt someone. He would fight them, and try to make them feel bad, but he wouldn't try to kill someone. Something was off, but he didn't know what.

The officer takes Mitch into the station and into another room. He types a few things onto a computer.

"The picture isn't here..." He starts. "Give me a moment, Mitch. I'll get back to you." Mitch nods. The police exits the room, and Mitch could hear him asking other employees about it.

He comes back in a few minutes later, a weird look on his face.

"About the pictures...can you come back in tomorrow? They are in a lost file that we have to revive in the computer. It could take hours." Mitch nods. "I'm sorry. I'll give you a call as soon as I can."

So Mitch leaves, immediately pulling out his phone and texting Scott.

Mitch: I'm coming over. Don't fucking reply to this. We HAVE to talk.

---------------------

Scott was scared when he looked at the text. He knew what he did was wrong, but he only punched him a few times. And in the face. He didn't know how he was injured in other areas. The whole situation was confusing, but Travis had told everyone that it was Scott.

A knock, no, a bang comes from the door. He reluctantly opens it and watches at Mitch plows past him, pushing him out of the way. He has been crying and Scott could see it. He takes a piece of paper that he had written before he got here, and threw it at Scott. Scott looks at it.

I can't fucking believe you. Were you trying to kill him? You used a weapon, Scott. They have pictures and fingerprints, they are going to send you to jail. Where did you even get brass knuckles?!

"Weapon? What are you talking about?" He pulls out his notebook.

The police said it was concluded that the person used brass knuckles because a fist couldn't of done it.

"No, Mitch. I fought him and he fought back. I have bruises to. We fought equally, I have no idea how he is in the hospital."

You're fucking lying to me!

"I'm not lying! I would never do anything like that and I can't believe you think I would!"

They have evidence. Even Travis said it was you.

"Travis is lying. What is going to happen to me?"

They have pictures, fingerprints, and words from Travis. You can't get out of this.

Scott looked scared. He hadn't used any type of weapon and had no idea where any of this was coming from. Something wasn't right. Travis was lying, Scott knew it.

---------------------

They called Mitch back to see the pictures. The man had blonde hair, looked to be muscular, and had blue eyes.

And it wasn't the person he thought it was.

It wasn't Scott. He had the same features, but it wasn't him. Mitch didn't know how to feel. Relieved? He should be, it wasn't Scott and he didn't have to worry. Sorry? He was sorry to. He had completely ignored what Scott said and cut to conclusion. Confused? Definitely. Why would Travis tell people it was him? Mitch knew he hated Scott, but didn't know he would go to this.

So their would be a trial. Travis wouldn't let go of the fact that Scott did it, even though it was practically proven that he hadn't. Travis just wanted Scott gone.

And he was determined to make it happen.