Triple Package

Kirstie.

K. I. R. S. T. I. E.

Seven letters.

Mitch just had to say it to her, for his best friend to make her feel amazing.

Problem was, it still sounded jittery and stuttery, and he wanted to say it when he knew it, so he could walk in and be like "hey, Kirstie" and call it day. Leave it simple.

Mitch says goodbye to his mother, thanks her for the ride. He hops out of the car and makes his way to the front door. She opened it before he got there.

"Hey, babe." She greets him with a hug.

"Hey." Mitch says. They run inside, making their way to her room.

They jump on her bed, immediately engulfing him into a conversation about this boy she has been "talking" to named Jeremy. They go to the same gym.

Mitch wasn't paying attention, just trying to think of when to spit out her name. Probably now, so she wouldn't ask him if he was paying attention or not.

She gets into a different story about a cute guy at Starbucks, and that she thinks he is gay.

"Superman." Is all Mitch says, not being able to think of other boys but him, and Travis slightly.

"I know. You like him." She sighs. "I'm scared for you. I don't want either of you to get hurt and I know something bad will happen."

"Ki-rs..tie.." He says. Kirstie immediately stops her sentence, staring straight at Mitch.

"W-what?"

"Kirst..ie." He says a little more clear this time. Kirstie is shocked at first, expressionless even. It has been seven years since she had heard her name come from Mitch's mouth.

Reality strikes her, and a couple of tears decide  to drip from her eyes and down her cheeks. She jumps into his embrace, a giant smile across her face.

"That didn't just fucking happen!" She yells, tightening her grip on him. "HOLY SHIT, MITCH." The door barges open.

"What is with all of this language?!" Kirstie mom asks. She sees Kirstie crying in Mitch's arms, her angry face turning to a more worried one. "What's wrong...."

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to, it's just, Mitch just said my name." She says, not once leaving Mitch's arms. Her mom smiles.

"That's amazing!" She says, causing Mitch to smile. "I'm so proud of you Mitch. I'm really, really proud."

---------------------

"He was 24." Scott says. "He died on September 17, 2012. Two months later than he was due, so we all were expecting it to happen soon, but it still felt really sudden. We all mourned a lot, but mine was probably the worst. I came out to him first, and he helped me through everything. He was the best big brother I could've ever had." Scott wipes a tear, Mitch wanting to comfort him but felt like touching him right now wasn't the right thing to do.

"His name was Arthur-John Skylar Hoying. We called him AJ and I would trade almost anything to have him back right now. I fucking hate cancer. So fucking much." He says in defeat. Mitch wanted to say so much to comfort him, to tell him that everything happens for a
reason and that he was in a better place.

"Actually, I wouldn't trade everything. I wouldn't trade you, that's for sure. He would want me to keep you instead." Mitch smiles, his hand somehow finding Scott.

You're so amazing, my 18 year old, Mitch's notebook read.

Scott smiled. "Eighteen. I forgot."

My baby is strong and an adult. And hot. Triple package.

Scott laughs, putting his arm around Mitch.

"Thank you, love." Mitch all but died at the nickname.

Love. I like that.

"Then I guess I'll keep calling you it, love." Mitch smiles, giving Scott another half kiss that left Scott wanting a whole lot more. But Scott just smiled at him, happy at what he got. "I feel like the luckiest boy right now. Being here with you right now is amazing. I know this sounds horrible, but times like this, I can enjoy my parents never being home."

I want to kiss you. Like for real.

Scott looks at Mitch, who was looking right back at him. "Do you?" Scott asks. Mitch nods, but doesn't make another move.

But I don't know if we should.

"I'm willing to do whatever you are." Mitch wanted to kiss him, seeing him like this was almost irresistible, his hair slightly messed up from laying down, his jacket unzip almost half way, no shirt underneath, his hand slipped around Mitch's waist. His words sounded raspy, he had woken from a nap when Mitch got there. He looked so sexy to Mitch, but Mitch needed to ignore his emotions right now. He wouldn't date Scott, because he would practically be ruining his life. He would be pulling Scott back and he didn't want to do that to Scott. He just placed a small peck to his cheek, but Scott could even think that was enough.

He really didn't know what was happening, what he was feeling for Scott. He was scared, really. As much as he told himself he was all for Scott, Travis still stuck on the back of his mind.

Something about Travis was irresistible, something that made Mitch hold on to at least the thought of him, even if he hadn't seen Travis since he had showed up at his house.

Truth is, Travis texted him and Mitch started texting back. Almost everyday they'd text, but when he hung out with Scott, Mitch would make an excuse so Scott wouldn't see them. And he would not tell Scott about. Because Travis flirted and it was point blank obvious, but Mitch liked it and never told him to stop.

He was confused with himself. He wanted to like Scott, to have no attention to other boys but to him, because that would be easier. But no, his stupid mind made him want Travis as well.

He didn't want to want him, like, at all. He wanted Scott, no, he wanted to want Scott so badly. But his mind and feelings thought different.