Starbucks

Kirstie all but choked on her drink, earning stares from innocent people in Starbucks. "You what?" She asks.

"We, uh, kissed a lot. And for a long time. In his bed." Scott says awkwardly, itching the back of his neck.

"So you two made out?" Was that what people called it? Scott didn't like calling it anything more than just kissing. 'Making out' sounded a lot more sexual than a kiss.

"I mean, you can say that."

"I don't like it all that much, but I'm happy for you guys. So are you going to date?" Scott took a moment to think about. Would any type of relationship happen? Scott doubted Mitch was ready for anything after everything with Travis.

"I don't think so." Kirstie looks at Scott, a confused look on her face. "Before you ask why, you have to ask Mitch. I don't think he is ready. Just friends. That's it."

"Friends don't make out, Scott."

"I agree. Mitch doesn't."

"He doesn't want to be your boyfriend?"

"I haven't asked. I don't want to put any more stress on him. He's been through a lot. I'm not going to bring it up until he calms down. He is too tense."

"You worry about him way too much." Kirstie takes a big gulp from her Starbucks refresher. A familiar blonde walks in, walking over and taking one of the available seats.

"Can I join the party?" He asks.

"Hey, Alex. Of course." Kirstie says.

"What's this weeks hot gossip about?" Scott looks to Kirstie, shaking her head no. She still looked confused.

"Mitch and I broke up..." Scott lies. Kirstie finally looked like she had caught on to what Scott was saying.

"Oh. I'm sorry. You two really looked like you liked each other." Alex says. Why did he have to be so nice?

"It's okay. We are still good friends." Scott just hoped Alex wouldn't try anything with him now. He didn't want a relationship with him.

"That's the only gossip?" He asks again.

"Nope. They made out yesterday." Kirstie says easily.

"Kirstie!" Scott yells. She shrugs her shoulders, groaning when Alex takes a sip from her refresher.

"Doesn't sound like you broke up." Alex chuckles.

"You aren't upset that we kissed?" Scott asks.

"Why would I be?"

"I just thought...nevermind."

"That I liked you? I did, not so much anymore. You're a good friend, but that's it." Scott sighs in relief.

"Thank god." Alex chuckles again and gives Kirstie her drink back.

"Sooooo." Alex starts. Scott looks at him weirdly. "Is he a good kisser?" Scott laughs, nodding in the process. "Don't worry, I won't try to take Mitch. You two are confusing, though. Not dating, just making out?"

"That was a one time thing. It probably won't happen again. We were hanging out and it just happened."

Scott knew it didn't "just happen". He asked for his permission. He wanted to make sure both him and Mitch wanted it. The last thing he wanted to do was scare him away.

He pulls out his phone and texts Mitch.

Scott: Hey. We "broke up". I told Alex that. No more pretending, even if it wasn't long.