Didnt Get There

Remember when Mitch said having a long distance relationship was surprisingly easy? Yeah, he hadn't gotten to the part where the boyfriend starts to not trust you, not believe you, and then you end up having to end it.

He didn't get to the part where they had to argue over the phone rather than in person. The part where Scott didn't know whether to believe him or not because he had no idea what he was doing.

Mitch hadn't gotten there yet, and he wished the whole time that he never would, but all long distance relationships do is put the trust to test, and Scott and Mitch's trust just wasn't there yet.

It was only two weeks of dating. They needed to wait longer. It obviously didn't work out the way Mitch thought it would.

---------------------

"Why do you look so sad, Scott? You've been like this since this morning." Kirstie asks. Scott shakes his head. He couldn't really tell if he was angry or not.

"Mitch ended it with me yesterday."

"What?!" Kirstie asks in shock. "Why would he do that?"

"Because I'm an idiot, that's why." If anything, Scott was mad at himself for not trusting Mitch.

"What did you do?" Scott pulls out his phone, showing her the texts from be other day. She saw how Mitch kept asking if he trusted him, and was telling him that nothing was going on. She saw how Scott ignored it and continued to pull on the subject of Mitch having to tell him everything. He was acting like Mitch's parent, not his boyfriend.

"You did kind of overreact."

"Thanks, Kirst." He says sarcastically. "Because I didn't know that already."

"But I don't think he should've ended it."

"I worded it wrong. He didn't end it. I don't want to say that. He said we are "on a break". Once we see each other in Los Angeles, then we'll be strong again." Scott explains. "Long distance just didn't work for us. That's okay. Once we live together, everything will be normal again."

"One can only hope."

"Stop, Kirstie. I know everything will be okay. Just as long as I was wrong about that guy."

"Zip?"

"That's his name?"

"Yeah, Mitch didn't tell you about him?"

"Nope."

"Mitch said he was like a male version of me. Apparently there is a lot of people like me I'm New York." Kirstie chuckles. "He seems really nice and funny, actually."

"You think so?"

"Yep."

"What if he ends up dating this guy? What if he treats him better than I did?"

"No one can treat Mitch better than you do, Scott. They'd be his servant if they did. You are literally perfect for him."

"Why do I ruin things as soon as I get them? It's been almost eight months, and I spent seven of them just trying to get Mitch to be with me. I finally did, and he breaks up with me because I get overly jealous."

---------------------

Kit: Do you know how upset he is?

Mitch: I was hoping he'd understand.

Kit: I think he does, but that doesn't change the fact that you broke up with him.

Mitch: I didn't break up, I'm simply saying we wait to have a relationship until we are together again.

Kit: wanna know what he told me?

Mitch: What...

Kit: "why do I ruin things as soon as I get them. I spent all year trying to get Mitch and as soon as I do, he breaks up with me because I get overly jealous."

Mitch: this is all my fault.

Kit: I mean, kind of. You did have a point and I think holding the relationship until later is a good choice, Mitch.

Mitch: I shouldn't of said yes when he asked me to be his boyfriend. I should've said no, and followed it with the waiting. Maybe that would've stopped this and we would've acted the same as we always had.

Kit: I think you're overthinking this. This happened because Scott saw you and Zip take a picture together.

Mitch: Yes

Kit: And he got jealous because Zip is attractive, am I still correct here?

Mitch: I think so.

Kit: Did Zip know you were dating during the time you were hanging out?

Mitch: Yeah. He actually thought we were really, really cute together. He has a thing for long distance couples.

Kit: So this Zip guy is like me or Avi or Kevin, right? Someone you can talk to and be yourself around? And that's it.

Mitch: Precisely. Scott just got the wrong idea.

Kit: A week and a half. Then y'all can be the amazing boyfriends I know you can be. I'm happy and excited for you guys.

Mitch: Onto a different subject, I can't believe I saw Avi and Kevin for the last time two weeks ago. That is so depressing to me.

Kit: It's not the last time! We are all going to visit each other and eventually have a big meet up back in Arlington. It'll be great.

Mitch: Yeah, but that'll take a year or two. We have to get settled in and such.

Kit: Everything is going to fall into is place. We haven't experienced our lives yet, Mitchy. We have the whole thing to live out.

Mitch: You're right.

---------------------

Zip felt bad about the whole Scott situation. Mitch explained that it wasn't his fault, but he still took the blame. He said it was because he was the one that told Mitch to take the selfie.

Mitch explained that he hadn't forced him to post it, and that it was by pure choice.

"I feel awful, Mitch."

Ziiiiiip, you didn't do anything.

"I feel like I did and I'm sorry."

Stop being sorry. We worked it out, we didn't actually break up. We are just waiting.

"Are you sure?"

Yes, stop blaming yourself. It's Scott and I's fault for not figuring out our flaws before I moved.

"Okay. I wish you guys both luck."

Thank you.

"And I really, really hope everything works for you guys."