Take A Selfie

I finished the book today and cried during it. Five more chapters.

"Want anything for breakfast, Mitch?" Nel asks. Mitch shakes his head, he wasn't in the mood to eat right now. "Honey, you haven't ate breakfast for the last few days. Is everything okay?"

Yeah, mom. It's okay. I just lose my appetite in the mornings.

"Are you eating at lunch? It's not healthy, especially considering how small you are already."

I am. He usually ate a pop-tart, or sometimes a bag of chips. It wasn't lying because technically, he was still eating. Just not a lot.

He had started to take pills to reduce his stuttering, and so far, they worked pretty well. One side affect was a loss of appetite. Once he took them enough, eventually the stutter would just stay away. It was like an antibiotic, it cured it.

"I want you to eat, Mitch. Take a piece of toast to go." Mitch groans, but takes the piece of bread. He holds it, waiting for his new ride with Zip to arrive. "Take a bite."

He forces it down his throat, ignoring the nausea that was riding through him. He hears a honk outside.

"Bye, mom." He says and runs out side. He quickly tosses the piece of toast into the garbage outdoor, then hops into the car with Zip.

"Good morning, shorty!" He says, trying to think of a nickname that would stick. Mitch shakes his head. "I didn't like that one either."

They pull out of the driveway and start towards the school.

Boyfriend <3: Good morning, honey. Have a good day at school.

Mitch: Thank you. Good morning.

Scott was the best boyfriend for Mitch. Even with the time difference, he still gave Mitch a good morning text every day. He waited until 10:15 to text him, which would be 8:15 in New York.

And this was repeated every morning, making Mitch feel loved and cared for.

"Ya boyfriend texting you again?" Zip asks. Mitch nods, smiling like crazy. "I don't even have to eavesdrop on your text convo, your big ass smile gives it away." Mitch laughs.

"C-can't not."

"I LOVE long distance relationships. I think it shows how dedicated two people are to each other and shows your trust. It's a special thing. Good for you guys." Mitch smiles. He had never really thought about it like that. And Zip was right. Scott had to of trusted Mitch to of wanted long distance as much as he did, and Mitch trusted him back.

"Wow." Mitch spits out.

"So what's his name?"

"C-can't say ye..t."

"Let's play a guessing game. Does it start with an S?"

"Yeah..."

"End with a 'cott'?"

"Umm."

"Shy told me. I'm just messing with you." It takes Mitch a moment to realize who Shy was. He had to think back to Sophie's, well, Shy's talk about nicknames.

"Oh." Mitch chuckles. They pull into the school, not shocked when Karma and Shy were waiting for them.

"Hey, boys." Shy greets us. "I have Starbucks for the both of you. I remembered your order, Mitch. Iced soy latte triple?" Mitch nods, taking the cup from her.

"Thank you." Mitch says.

"Ditto." Zip yells, taking a few sips from his coffee.

  ---------------------

Zip was funny.

He had Mitch laughing all the time, and it made Mitch feel better because they had lots of classes together. They shared a lot of the same interests, especially ones in their tastes in music. They both shared a love for electric music.

"I love Deadmau5!" Zip yells after seeing a small picture of it on Mitch's phone.

Really? Mitch's notebook reads. I do too!

"Babe, we're like sisters."

I know!

After a while of talking at Mitch's house, he takes out his phone and heads on to Snapchat.

"Take a selfie of us." Zip says. Mitch nods, opening the camera and facing it towards them. Zip puts his hand on Mitch's shoulder, puckering his lips onto Mitch's cheek, not quite touching them be becoming close. He looked sassy, so Mitch does his fierce face. "Send it to me, queen!"

"Okay!" Mitch says, the same amount of energy that Zip had used. He adds it to his story and sends it to Zip.

"We are so cute." Mitch laughs.

"We are." Zip decides on taking a selfie as well, wrapping his arm around Mitch's chest.

"God, we're hot." Mitch winks at him and watches him grab another chip from the bag, offering one to Mitch. He quickly turns it down.

Boyfriend <3: Mitch, what the hell?

Mitch: What?

Boyfriend <3: Your snapchat story? How come I haven't heard any stories of you meeting anyone but Sophie?

Mitch: Jeez, Scott, calm down. We just met the other day.

Boyfriend <3: The other day? We talk everyday.

Mitch: I told you Shy was introducing her friends to me.

Boyfriend <3: Shy?

Mitch: Sophie.

Boyfriend <3: But when you meet another guy that you're going to hang all over, you should probably tell me first.

Mitch: You're overreacting right now. You never got like this when I'd be with Avi or Kevin.

Boyfriend <3: That's different. I've been with you everytime and I know that you're friends.

Mitch: So what? Now that you're not with me, you can't trust me when I tell you we are just friends? God damn, Scott! Get over yourself!

Boyfriend <3: Don't tell me to get over myself! I want a fucking explanation.

Mitch: I gave you one! This is exactly why I said we needed a break! We are both going to get jealous during our time apart, so when we meet again, then we can be together. It would just be easier and we wouldn't have to worry like this.

Boyfriend <3: So that's it? I'm with you for like two or three weeks and you're already breaking up with me?

Mitch: it's just a break until we see each other again.

Boyfriend <3: I told you to tell me if a break is what you wanted before all of this happened. You told me is wasn't.

Mitch: Because I thought if I told myself it would be fine, it'd be true. But it didn't work.

Boyfriend <3: So we're done?

Mitch: Until we move to Los Angeles, we are. Just for another week and a half. That's it.