Nothing Like Arlington

This book is almost finished!

"So this is goodbye?" Scott asks, not wanting to let go of Mitch for a second. Mitch shakes his head, burying himself into Scott's embrace. "I will text you everyday. Facetime after school, then as soon as school is out for good, we will see each other again."

"Yes." Mitch says.

"Mitch, you have ten minutes." Mike says from behind them. He nods.

"Text me when you get on the flight, don't waste your battery too much, and text me when you get off, okay?" Mitch didn't want to look up. He was embarrassed because he was crying. Scott puts a finger on his chin and pushes it up.

He wipes away Mitch's tears, kissing him gently. "Don't cry."

"Hard."

"I know it's hard. It's hard for me too."

"I'll m-miss you."

"I'm going to miss you more than you can ever imagine." Mitch smiles, but he wasn't sure if it was fake or real yet. "One month, honey." Mitch silently pulls out his notebook.

I don't want to hold you back.

"How would you do that?"

Should we take a break until school is over? What if either of us get lonely and have an accidental hookup? I wouldn't want us to cheat.

"A break? I just got you to be my boyfriend, Mitch."

I don't want you to meet sometime and not go out a few times with them because of me.

"That won't happen."

How do you know?

"Because I haven't had any interest in another boy since the moment I laid my eyes on you." Mitch blushes. "And I know I wouldn't meet another boy that is nearly as important to me as you are."

Are you sure?

"I will do what you want. If you want a break, you can have it. I'm just saying, I don't want it."

Nevermind. Forget I brought it up.

"Are you sure?"

Yes. I'm your boyfriend, and you're mine. Let's keep it like that. I mean, one month isn't a lot of time. I don't think either of us would find anyone else, and even if I did, I'd tell you instantly because I'd feel bad.

"Just don't find someone else and we won't have a problem, okay?"

Okay. You're right. There is no one else.

"Honestly, I think that shouldn't even be a thought."

I'm sorry.

"It's okay. I get it, you haven't had a real boyfriend. It's a lot easier than you think. Everything just seems to fit when you really love someone."

"Mitch, it's time to go." Nel says. Mitch tenses up and pulls Scott down for a final hug. He places his lips onto Scott's firmly, trying to take in every detail that was in the boy.

"Don't forget me, Mitchy." Scott whispers.

"Never." Mitch says before backing a way. He blows Scott one last kiss before he turns away, knowing that it'd be quite awhile before they met again.

And then he takes his seat on the plane, letting everything sink in. He wipes away a tear silently. He feels his mom rub his back.

"That boy really loves you, Mitch."