Big Misunderstanding

Do I update too frequently? I feel like I update another chapter before people can read the first one. Should I update slower?

Mitch: Come over.

Scott: I have work in a few.

Mitch: I need to talk to you.

Scott: I have to go to work.

Mitch: After?

Scott: Why don't you come over if you need to talk to me so bad.

Mitch: Don't give me this tone right now. We are both wrong in this, okay? We are going to talk and I don't have a car to drive myself over there.

Scott: I have to go.

Mitch groans, unsatisfied and confused with his answer. Was he coming or not?

Scott: See you after work.

Well, at least Mitch got an answer. They hadn't really talked much since their argument. He knew that he was over exaggerating how much he hid things, but not enough to cause this. Scott was the one pressuring him to tell him what was wrong. So he did.

---------------------

It was awkward. Scott sat on Mitch's desk chair while Mitch sat at the end of his bed, a
notebook opened on his lap with a pen on top.

"You said that you needed to talk to me so you start." Scott says. Mitch nods, clicking his pen open and thinking of what to write.

You kept asking what was wrong so I told you. Then you got all defensive and shit and said we weren't a "thing" because of Travis.

"No. I asked what was wrong and then you started asking a bunch of questions about Alex. And I answered them truthfully because you had a right to know."

Okay. And I did have a right to know, so thanks for being honest. It just hurt me that you thought we didn't have something.

"No, that's not it at all. I thought that's what you thought, so I didn't want to keep pressuring you."

I think this is a big misunderstanding.

"I thought you were embarrassed of me or something and wanted to keep us a secret. I was a little offended because of it."

I haven't been intentionally trying to hide us. It's just, I've never had a relationship in which we show affection in public. It has always been hidden, so I guess it's kind of a habit.

"I don't like that habit."

I don't either. And I guess I figured you wouldn't want to kiss in front of our friends.

"I mean, obviously not like make out or anything, but maybe a little peck here and there would be nice."

I'm sorry. I'll start showing more affection to you.

"I don't want you too because you feel forced too."

I don't feel forced to. I want to. I don't know why I never did. I was always thinking if you wouldn't want me too.

"I've always wanted you too. Ever since we started talking to each other."

I also thought that it was blatantly obvious that we were a thing, so it never even crossed my mind that you were questioning my thoughts on it.

"I guess. Do we make it that obvious?"

We've been caught kissing, told stories of us kissing, and practically confessed our love to each other. It's pretty obvious.

Scott chuckles, switching his seat next to Mitch and grabbing his hands. "So we're good?" Mitch nods. "So remember a few days ago, I asked you a question?"

What question?

"What do you want us to be?"

I'm not sure. It took Mitch awhile to think of these three words, because he honestly had no idea. He didn't want to date Scott because of graduation and his disability, but at the same time, he wanted every bit of him to be with Scott.

I'm honestly lost. I want to be with you so bad that I'm questioning if it's worth it.

"I think it's worth it."

What if we separate after highschool? I'll be heartbroken, so will you.

"You even said yourself to not worry about after high school until it's actually ending. I'm actually listening to that."

I don't want to hurt you.

"Then don't. There is always long distance. And plus, Mitch, I've been planning my future out in different ways a lot, and in each way, you still end up in it. No matter what." Mitch blushes, leaning forward and placing a light and gentle kiss on Scott's lip. A smile appears on Scott's face afterwards. "Will you say something?"

"Shhh, Superman."

---------------------

Mitch wanted his future with Scott. He didn't care what it was, as long as Scott was in it. Although he did want to go to college, he wasn't going to make any decisions until Scott had made them with him.

So he looked into a few different colleges, making sure not to fall in love with one completely. He looked at small apartments and homes in LA, where he was planning on moving.

Scott had already said he wanted to move to LA too, they planned that part out at least. All of their friends had wanted to move their, actually. All but Avi, but they could, and would, definitely visit him in Texas if he chose to stay.

Mitch thought about his options. Maybe find a small job, like an intern or something? Than he could settle on a small apartment alone, or with Kirstie, or even with Scott if he wanted to enough.

College was still in the picture, maybe a community college? He could get his four years, no special degree or anything. Just a well college education while still living where he wanted and such.

Or he could attend a real college, with a new roommate, and his own dorm. That would be the hardest option, but the most successful one. It would be hard to find time for his family and friends, but he definitely would try to at least. He didn't want to shut them out.

He didn't even know if colleges would let him in with his disability. It didn't make much of a difference, though. He just wouldn't be able to present projects, or do any type of theater, or be able to efficiently work with a partner.

His chances for college became slimmer and slimmer due to his own thoughts.