s e v e n

Song Of The Day : Fall by Justin Bieber

Comment, vote and share!

s e v e n

"So you're moving in with Hailey for the next two months?" Caleb asks me as he turns the wheel to swerve the car to turn left and right into my street.

Right now as you all might have imagined, I was with Caleb. After my little interview, as I would like to call it, Caleb decided that he wanted to drive me home. I protested a lot but can you guess what did he say in response?

No. A simple and clear no. Implying that he was going to drive me, irrespective of whether I protest or not.

"Yes, I'm. Honestly, I myself didn't get to know about it until last night. Apparently, my father had it all decided," I said as I fiddled with the hem of my flannel shirt.

"Well, that sounds great. Having to spend two months with your best friend and her hunk of a brother," he said grinning cheekily. I choked on my own saliva.

Did he just? I think he did.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Caley boy," I said eferring to his nickname I had for him and he playfully glared at me when I called him 'Caley boy'. I just chuckled at his feigned angry expression while he joined me later.

"Don't forget, you have to be at the restaurant on Monday at 5:30 p.m. And by the way dress something comfy, in which you can move around. We don't want you to be uncomfortable while cooking some brilliant food," he says sternly as he pulls up the car in my driveway.

"Got it, Captain Obvious," I said, saluting mockingly and unfastened the seatbelt. Caleb unlocked the door and I opened it but paused. I looked back at Caleb, who was looking at me seemingly confused. I gestured to my house.

"Don't you want to meet them?" I asked him as realization hit me that just like me, he was close to my dad and Mark, too.

"I mean, you won't see them for days. Before dad leaves for Japan and Mark for his college, you should at least greet them goodbye," I continued when I took in his confused expression.

"You think that is a good idea? After everything..." He trailed off clearly indicating my mother's death.

"Yes of course it is. You are like a son to them. Come on in now," I said as he nodded, smiling softly and unfastened his seatbelt too.

"Okay, then," he said and got out of his sleek black Lamborghini and I too got out of the passenger seat.

Rich people! Phew!

"So your father's home now?" Caleb asked as we both started to head towards the porch of my house.

"Yes, he said he will be home by 6 or something," I said as I checked my wrist watch which showed 6:30 in the evening and continued," He will be home now. It's already half past six."

"Where's his car then? I can't see it in the driveway?" He asked.

"Oh, he parks his car in the garage," I replied and he nodded.

We both reached the porch and I pressed the doorbell. Some shuffling could be heard from inside and the front door sprang open. Stood in front of me and Caleb, was none other than Mark. He was wearing the same outfit that he was wearing before I left. Upon seeing me with Caleb, his frown turned upwards into a full blown grin. His eyes were wide as he couldn't believe Caleb was here. I mean the last time they both met each other was almost a month ago, when things were pretty normal. He quickly opened the door wide enough for both of us to enter and as soon as we did, he enveloped Caleb in a boyish hug. You know, that weird handshake-hug thing they do when they meet each other.