f o r t y f i v e

Song of the Day: Mirrors by Justin Timberlake.

Comment, vote and share!

F o r t y f i v e

"How does this look on me?" Asked Hailey as she held a frilly, hot pink coloured dress in front of her chest, making me wince mentally, glancing at the hideous looking barbie dress. "I like this colour."

I and the girls had decided to go dress shopping for the upcoming Winter Ball, or rather Hailey and Taylor had dragged I and Harriet, since the last thing on our minds was going dress shopping. I wanted to escape this, more than anything in this world. I mean, before I wanted to go to Nolan and talk to him about how I wanted to go with him. But even before that, I had to talk to Nick. Talking to Nick was the moment I was dreading the most. I knew Nolan so I knew for a fact that making amends with didn't make me as nervous but on the other hand, telling Nick that I didn't want to go the Winter Ball with him, scared me. Shitless. I didn't want to see the hope leaving his eyes, I didn't want to. It was not something I had planned all along, saying yes and then no just when it was two days left for the Ball.

Before I could open my mouth to say how it looked horrendous in the most subtle way possible, Harriet beat me to it. "It looks like Barbie and her Dream House puked all over you. God, get that thing away from me, it's hurting my eyes!"

Hailey frowned and marched over to the chaise lounge where Harriet was sitting or rather was laying down with her feet in the air, stuffing her mouth with some Frazzles. And the way she was stuffing made me grin, at how alike Harriet and my brother were, God, it was truly the time to start playing matchmaker and get them together. They really needed to. I remember when I left today, Mark was also eating Frazzles or rather stuffing himself like he was- what the American's called- a Turkey to be stuffed during the Thanksgiving. Anyways, back to the point, Hailey leaned down and grabbed the bag of Frazzles and almost immediately, Harriet started protesting. She held the bag away and grabbed a few crisps and put them in her mouth and then her other hand, the one with the hideous dress, and put it in Harriet's face making Harriet close her eyes and me stifle my laughter. "Ah having fun now, eh?"

"It's burning my eyes!" Harriet exclaimed, "Please don't be this evil, have mercy on me!"

And that was the last straw before I started laughing loudly and just at that moment, Taylor joined us from having gone through the racks to find a good dress for all of us, with her hands full from so many dresses of various colours.

"What are you laughing about?" She asked as she saw my chuckling. And then realization dawned on her as she glanced at Harriet and Hailey who were now trying to snatch the bag of Frazzles. "Oh, the H&H are upto it again."

"Yes, now it doesn't even surprise me how strange their fights are about. I mean yesterday, the two were fighting over who's better, Superman or Batman," I said as I sobered up slightly and shook my head in amusement.

"And who won?" Asked Taylor, as she glanced at me for a moment before her eyes settled back at the two girls in front of us.

"Apparently the Gym teacher Mr. Krupp, he won," I said, "These two were fighting like literally, instead of playing throw ball, so he detained them for a week. In fact, they were so into the fight that Harriet was this much," I gestured by placing my thumb over my forefinger, "This much close to pulling Hailey's blonde mop out."

And Taylor let out a bark of laughter. "God, these two really need to control it sometimes. I don't suppose you're in their gym class, or are you?"

"Nope," I said, shaking my head. "I am not. Nick filled me in about this though."

Taylor full on glanced at me, her gaze teasing and filled with mirth and said, "I don't even know who to ship you with." She then looked at the two girls who were now all tangled on the chaise lounge, as pieces of Frazzles started spilling out of the bag and stuck to their hair. "Hey, H&H! Cick or Colan?"