t w e n t y n i n e

Song of the Day: Perfect Tense by Fallulah

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y n i n e

"Can I ask a question. I just had this thought," My aunt muttered as she looked at me and Nolan with her slight hawk-like eyes.

My aunt was still sighing deeply whenever she looked at Nolan, with her love struck expression. It seemed to me that she had quite forgotten her purpose of being here. But rather she was just staring at Nolan like a swooning teen. My uncle Peter sure wouldn't like this.

Cassidy on the other hand had already gotten over her little fangirl moment over Nolan and was now busy watching Power Rangers on the TV. I was sure proud of that kid.

"What is it?" I asked.

Though my question was directed to her, her eyes were still stuck on Nolan, and let us not forget those tiny hearts that were drawn in her eyes as she stared at Nolan.

"Nolan, son, what was my niece doing, straddling you again?" Though her question was a little serious, her face hadn't lost the fangirl expression. She was really creeping out at that moment.

"Oh well, you see I was-" I cut Nolan off before he could say something highly inappropriate.

"Aunt I just tripped over my feet and fell on top of him," I said as her eyes switched to me, narrowed down to slits.

"You young lady, are the definition of clumsy. Can you be a little more ladylike? Though it was pretty cliché how you fell on top of him. Right out of a movie or a romantic book. I really shouldn't have interrupted that moment. And then bam! You two would be kis-" My aunt's silly rant was cut off by the sound of the horn blazing through the living room of my house.

I looked down at my shoes to prevent anyone from seeing how red I was turning by the second. God, I really didn't want anyone, even Cass, to see me blushing red like a stupid Santa's hat.

But all that hope went down the drain.

Cassidy looked at me from the corner of her eye, smirking slightly. For a five year old, she sure knew how to smirk, looking all smug. She made a kissy face and pointed to her cheek first and then to her red coloured little dress, motioning my now flushed cheeks. I glared at her and she just smiled at me, innocently.

"That must be your uncle," My aunt said, frowning slightly. "He definitely has the worst timing in this world."

"Okay, then. I'll be leaving now. Cadence, I will come and pick Cassidy up at around five. I know you have your job today. And you Cassidy, don't you make a mess of your cousin. I don't want this house to be filled with power rangers' stickers and posters adorning the walls," She said as she stood up from the couch and Cassidy just stuck her tongue out at her.

"Why couldn't I have some normal daughter who loved Barbie and not Power Rangers?" Aunt Becca muttered as she shook her head slightly, trying to be subtle but everyone heard her, especially Cass.

"Love you too, mom," Cass said as she smiled innocently at her mother. My aunt rolled her eyes at her daughter but sure didn't stop a grin from spreading on her face.

"And Nolan, son, seeing how you are helping Cade here with her studies and not only that, but are also her friend, I really want to thank you. She sure needed some more friends and why not some amazing boy? Oh and by the way, I'll invite you sometime over for dinner. And we'll talk and I'll cook something amazing, though not great as my sister's or my niece's, I'll try my bes-" My aunt's rant was once again cut off by the loud sound of honking.