t w e n t y e i g h t

Song Of The Day: Somebody To You by The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato.

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y e i g h t

"How are you doing sweety?"Asked Aunt Becca in a cheerful tone.

"I am doing great aunt. Mark's decided to stay here in London," I said, smiling slightly as I recalled my brother's goofy decision to stay here with me.

"That's great to hear. Now you'll finally have someone of your own family here with you. Not that you didn't have us or any-" I cut her off.

"It's okay, Aunt Becca. I get you," I said, chuckling lightly.

"Sorry, I just start hyperventilating sometimes," She said.

"It's okay, aunt. You don't have to apologize," I said.

"It's just that since her death, I feel like I haven't been with you to support you. And now I feel like failure as an aunt," She said, her tone unnecessarily sad.

"Aunt," I chided, my tone dead serious, "You have nothing to apologise for. If anything you have been the best aunt anyone could ask for. You supported me when I needed it the most. If it weren't for your stubbornness or your caring nature, I wouldn't even have made it to the funeral, let alone try to offer my piece of mind."

"I still feel guilty. It's just that you didn't call me these past weeks and I was too much of a wimp to call you. It was a big damn blow to me, too," She said, or rather whispered and guilt enveloped inside of me for not calling her at least once.

"I am so sorry aunt. I didn't want to bother you with my troubles and burden you," I said.

"Your troubles can never burden me Cadence. You are practically my daughter. And on the other hand, I feel real happy that you and Taylor have finally put your differences aside and decided to act like cousins for once."

"Even I am happy that we're good now," I said, smiling slightly.

"Now, off with the sappy topics. Can you do me a favour?" She asked.

"Sure. It's a Sunday, Mark's not home and I am free," I said. Mark had gone to his uni for some submission of documents. His college started from tomorrow, Monday. But this time, he didn't have to travel all the way to Manchester. He was here, with me.

"Great. Actually, Cassidy's been dying to meet you since awhile. Will you babysit her? I have to go out of town with your uncle and Taylor's off to her dance rehearsals. And you know how Cassidy is, right? She is one stubborn, little girl," She said, chuckling slightly.

A wide grin etched on my face at the mention of my younger cousin. Cassidy. That little piece of bubbly, bright and babbling sunshine. How could I even forget her? And since I didn't have much to do today instead of reading some books, why not hang out with Cassidy?

"Really? Wow, I would love to hang out with her," I said, the grin yet not dissipating.

"That's great. Then, I'll drop by in an hour and hand her over to you," She said, her cheerful tone back. Was she bipolar? Sure felt like it. I glanced the wall clock that hung and it said it was around 1 in the afternoon. I just had two sandwiches for lunch half an hour ago.

"Okay, bye," I said.

"Bye," I heard her say.

I sighed when the call disconnected. It was time. Time to read something amazing.

--

The bell rang, disturbing my reading. I scowled at whoever it might be but quickly smiled remembering it must be Aunt with Cassidy. I quickly stood up, the book still in my hand, from my bed, and started running down the stairs, almost tripping in the process. If my mother would have been here, she would have scolded me for almost spraining my neck. My mother, I thought and sighed sadly as I stopped for a moment near the kitchen, just thinking about her. A small, reminiscing smile covered my lips. I sighed once more before the doorbell rang again. I quickly recovered from my nostalgic state and straightened my baggy clothes as I placed my book on the kitchen counter before hurrying to the door. I opened the door and gaped at the person on the other side.