n i n e t e e n

Song Of The Day : Self Inflicted by Katy Perry.

Comment, vote and share!

N i n e t e e n

  The wind whipped past my face as I started the ride to Willow Lane, East London. It took about twenty minutes to reach from Hailey's neighborhood to Willow Lane. I had to constantly squint my eyes at the road and blink the sleep away. I was very sleepy. But the thought of Nolan being in pain somehow snatched the sleep away from beneath my eyes.  I wondered what happened today to make him as tired as he sounded on the phone.

  Was he really hurt? Was he injured? Did he get in a fight with any of the mafia people lurking around in the shadows of East London? Did a drug deal go wrong?

  The last one made my breath hitch. Drug deal? I had heard that he performed illegal activities like drug dealing and stuff but never really have it a thought. But those were just trivial rumours. They turned out to be rumours most of the times. Rumours. Just some petty lies people fed off to gain satisfaction. Satisfaction, a feeling to console their souls that they are so much better than the person they are spreading rumours about. When in reality, they are the worst. They don't really know the person but want the attention to themselves by spreading petty lies.

  I didn't know Nolan that well to judge whether he actually was a drug dealer or not. But as far as I knew, I couldn't really believe it that he would ever deal drugs. According to me, the guy I guy I had been spending last week with was fun loving, arrogant in a way, and totoally risk loving. I mean the guy called the police on himself just to get some thrill. Give him some credit. He definitely loved taking risks. 

  I turned the clutch of the scooter and entered the Willow Lane. It was one scary street to say the least. The houses were all in ruins and debris. There were a few shady and scary people lurking around with strippers having their arms around in what seemed like a death grip. It wasn't even evening for God's sake and they already had plans of getting in someone's pants. They were waking to God knows which destination. All in all, the place was shady.

  My eyes wandered around the street, trying to catch the familiar mane of silky brown hair. My speed had slowed down a little as I kept my eyes wandering. And when I did see him, I almost wishes I hadn't. There he was. Nolan. All bruises and battered with scraps of blood adorning his face. My heartbeat instantly sped up and I knew something was really wrong with. However, he hadn't seen me yet. In fact I doubt he had seen anyone around him. His head hung low as he stared at the rocky porch steps he was sitting on. I looked at where he was. My mouth went agape. The old house was all in ruins. It was exactly like how Harry Potter's house in Godric's Hollow looked like after Voldermort had ambushed his house. I didn't know what was he doing there, all bruised and injured. I looked around and saw many creepy people but they didn't seem too keen on helping an injured person out. So much for being human.

  Nolan's clothes weren't all that bad. It seemed like whoever beat him to a pilp, did it when he was shirtless. Suddenly my mind started enveloping with images of Nolan shirtless and heat crept up my cheeks. I quickly shoved the mental images away before parking my scooter and steeping out. I took hesitant steps towards the ruined porch of the old house, that could easily pass for a haunted house.

  "Nolan?" I called out, still a little shaken by his state.

  His head snapped up at my voice and I gasped. From farway I could only see a few scarps of blood but from closer, I could see how he was badly bleeding and needed immediate medical attention.

  "Brown?" Called out his hoarse voice.

  "What-" came out my voice full of disbelief,"in the world happened to you?"