t h i r t y e i g h t

Song of the Day: Love Runs Out by OneRepublic.

Comment, vote and share!

T h i r t y e i g h t

Cadence's POV:

  I love you.

  The words were still ringing in my head when I woke up the next day. I knew they were too good to be true, though a part of me was hopeful, so very hopeful. I knew they were just a fragment of my imagination, just like every other blurry and slurry details that were imprinted in my brain like flashes. We kissed, for the second time and snogged naughtily yet haughtily. That was just a dream, I reminded myself. 

  Waking up this morning was the most difficult part I had ever encountered. If you think that I woke up to chirping birds and the light rays of the sun falling oh so graciously over my face, with a smile and a face worthy to be modelled, you thought wrong. I woke up disoriented and disgruntled, with a pounding headache and drool dripping over my chin. I didn't know I drooled until today, until I realized that an extremely hot guy was watching drool in my sleep.

  "Good morning sleepymouth," Nolan greeted, grinning cheekily as I cracked an eye open and immediately regretted it when the harsh sun rays glared back at me.

  "Isn't the general term 'sleepyhead?'" I asked, my voice groggy as I opened my eyes again, this time slower than before and relief washed over me when the sun rays didn't turn me almost blind. I sat up straighter and looked around the room. I knew it was Nolan's room, I remembered being here yesterday. 

  Nolan's eyes met mine and I saw him sitting just about a foot away from me, in nothing but sweatpants. I quickly looked down and sighed in relief when I saw my clothes present. His lips quirked up in a smirk as if he knew what I was thinking about and the sight of his lips reminded me of hallucination, of us snogging. I quickly pushed the thoughts about that away.

  "Well, seeing how this sleepyhead had drool dripping down her mouth, 'sleepymouth' is the word," He said smirking and my eyes widened. My face turned red in embarrassment and I started denying it, the one thing I was exceptionally amazing at.

  "I don't drool," I muttered as I narrowed my eyes down at his amused, sea-green eyes who were turning smug. 

  He leaned in and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me. But his hand found its way to my chin where a slightly damp texture could be felt.

  "This," He said motioning to his damp finger, "Says a different story to me."

  My face turned redder and I looked away in embarrassment. His deep chuckle reverberated through the large room and all my mind could think at that moment was how could someone have such an attractive voice when they just woke up. 

  I stood up and scowled at the still laughing Nolan. "Shut it and give me a spare toothbrush." My mouth smelled like a homeless person's sty. 

  "Okay, okay. Seems to me like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

  I just poked my tongue out at him and he grinned at me. He stood up and started to walk towards the bathroom. But before he could step in, he turned back around and smiled goofily at me.

  "Though I am not saying I don't find your drooling cute," and with that he winked as in winked and walked into the bathroom whistling, as if he didn't just say something butterfly inducing to me. Cue the mental fangirling.
--
  "How come I never noticed these tattoos before?" I asked as he searched his wardrobe, still shirtless might I add, to give me something to wear. I was observing his smooth back that was inked with various patterns as I sat at the edge of the bed.