f o r t y e i g h t

I know for a fact that I never place Author's Note right at the beginning of a chapter. This chapter however is an exception. And the reason for me to include the Author's Note at the beginning is that this chapter is very special to me and I hold it very dear to my heart. And I think everyone who's a true Colan shipper at heart will hold this chapter close to them too. It has moments that are worth melting for, like completely into a puddle. So yes, please tell me your views about this book and this chapter in particular.

Also, it has been a wonderful journey of one year for me writing this book. One year has taught me a lot, like a lot. I writer better now than I used to and it's a great feeling, knowing you've grown as a writer, as a thinker in general. Also I have improved when it comes to naming the book. You all don't even want to know the names I had come up for this book, they are that hideous.

Anyways, I just want to thank all of you who has accompanied me this far and have always inspired me to write better and better, making me want to improve myself at all costs. So thank you for being here for me! <3

Another thing is that I am going to hold a Q&A session. If you have any questions about the book, anything at all, about some characters, some plots, some things you didn't understand, anything, you can comment your questions right here, I'll make sure to include them in the session. Also you can ask me personal questions, but not too personal. ;)

Without further ado, let's get right into it.

Song of the Day: Wanted by Hunter Hayes (The official song for Cadence and Nolan).

Comment, vote and share!

F o r t y e i g h t

Breathe (v): To inhale oxygen rich air through nostrils and expel carbon dioxide rich air.

This was what I thought breathing was about. Basically, breathing just meant inhaling and exhaling, taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide.

But that definition stood with me until I knew how to define breathing for myself. Breathing for me, was being in the arms of this creature in front of me, with beautiful sea green eyes that held me incarcerated, with lips softer than feathers of a bird, with a heart of gold, a heart that taught me to never blame myself for anything bad that happened to me, and above all it taught me to love. Love myself, the way I was. It is funny how I started loving the guy who taught me the meaning of love.

This was breathing to me nothing suffocated me anymore, not when I had my oxygen right in my arms.

His eyes shone with amusement, mirth, pride and love under the moonlit night, making me wonder how I lucky did I get. His face was what I could call, a mixture of serenity and bustle, as his eyes looked into mine, and his breathing matched mine. His lips were not smirking like how I was used to. Nor were they laughing. They were stretched in a hearty smile, a smile that showed just how content he was with everything going on.

And then he spoke, his voice a tranquillising waft though the air, a misty whisper. "Your eyes seem even browner, Brown."

I chuckled and shook my head. Just when I thought he was going to say something beautifully romantic. "I don't understand why you call me Brown? Okay, my last name's Brown but that's not an enough reason to."

His lips curved into a sly smile, a smile filled with enigma and complete mystery. "Everything about you is brown, Brown."

"Explain please, my personal poet."

"Personal?" His brows quirked up and a smirk spread over his lips. "God, Brown, I didn't know you wanted me to be your personal this bad."

My cheeks flustered and I punched his arm, trying to be tough but he didn't even move a little, he just chuckled a little and caught my arm and pulled me closer to him. Guess, I was not that physically strong after all. "Shut up and explain."