t w e n t y t w o

Song Of The Day : DarkSide by Zara Larsson.

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y t w o

   "What are you doing here?" He asked me, his face showing just how much confused he was. I was puzzled. Even more than him, if that was even possible.

   "I could ask you the same," I replied, furrowing my brows.

  He then did the unexpected, he chuckled. And no it was not oh-you-are-so-funny type of a chuckle. Rather a bitter one at that.

  "This is the only place I have ever hated this much and yet have the misfortune of living here," he explained and my mouth dropped open, as in my jaw hit the floor.

  "You live here?" I asked, my voice giving it away just how much shocked I was.

"You got it correct Brown. Now tell me, why are you here? Stalking me?" He said, teasingly, as if the almost kiss never happened. I scoffed at that.

  "I am not stalking you, Nolan. Trust me. I am here to pay someone a visit," I said.

  "And who would that person be?" He asked, mockingly as if he already knew the answer.

  "She's here to visit me, Nolan. Mind your own business," Said a new voice from behind me. Nolan looked past me and towards where the new voice was heard from. I turned around and saw Caleb. He was not wearing his usual Armani suit and rather some casual tracks that I had never seen him in. Honestly, I had never seen him in anything apart from his suits. But his face looked tired and worn out.

  "Of course, brother. I mean here only one person knows how to mind business. And I believe it is you," Nolan sneered at Caleb and I froze. Caleb flinched. Caleb was Nolan's brother? All along? How come I didn't notice anything.

  Now that I looked at them, they looked uncannily similar. They both had the same dark brown hair, high cheekbones and perfect nose. Though their eyes were different colored, Caleb's were brown and Nolan's were my favorite sea green colored, they still looked so much familiar. I was truly an idiot to not get the relation between them. They had the same fucking  surname for God's sake!

  Caleb quickly gained composure from his flinching and sneered back at his supposed brother. "At least I am not a fucking  murderer."

  Nolan literally lost it after that. He just groaned loudly and jumped at Caleb. They both collided loudly and started punching each other. It was vicious to watch. Really, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on. They were fighting like they wanted to slit each other's throats and castrate them. I couldn't believe they were brothers. Not at all. They actually looked like two opponents in an underground fighting match. And to me it seemed like Nolan currently had the upper hand. He actually looked, dare I say this, trained to beat the living shit out of someone. It was like he had done this a lot many times. And that really scared me.

  Caleb too wasn't that behind, in fact he also knew how to throw some amazing punches. They were both huge bleeding messes. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't say anything. This was some twisted family, that was what I was sure of. They instead of cherishing each other, threatened each other and fought with each other. First I heard Caleb's argument with his father and now this. I was here to discuss about Taylor. But apparently, fate wanted me to see something else itself. Something a lot more vicious and heartbreaking than Taylor's love story.

  Even Carolina couldn't do anything. She kept on shouting. Asking them to stop, in fact begging them. But they didn't. On the other hand, I couldn't even do anything. I had lost my voice to some voice snatching demon, who didn't seem to give it back to me anytime soon.