t h i r t y o n e

Song of the Day: Today Was a Fairy tale by Taylor Swift.

Comment, vote and share!

T h i r t y o n e

"I'll go in first and then when I call you, you enter," I said as I held my hand out-to knock, of course. She nodded and thanked me again. I just smiled.

I raised my fist and knocked thrice until I heard a faint 'come in.' I turned the doorknob open and poked my head in.

"Can I come in?" I asked, smiling gently at Caleb who was sitting in the chair, with a large packet of familiar, dark pink coloured Frazzles bag on his lap as his hand fished out the crispy bacon strips and he put them in his mouth. Damn, I was hungry!

"Cad-Cad? Hey! How are you?" He asked me as he sat the bag of Frazzles aside on the table. "I am so sorry for not talking to you last week when you came at my place to talk to me. Caught me on a bad day, you did."

"That's okay. I am fine," I said as he motioned for me to enter. "Are you serious Caleb? Eating Frazzles while you are in a Michelin starred restaurant?"

"I need some junk sometimes, it makes me more human," He said. "Come on in, Cad-Cad. What did you want to talk about?"

"Actually, you see, I am not alone. I am here with someone who'd like to talk to you," I said, gingerly almost. He seemed disinterested and nonchalant even, because he hadn't seen who was here with me, of course.

"Oh?" He asked as he picked the bag of Frazzles again from the table and stuck his hand inside as he pulled out some crisps and put them in his mouth.

"Who is it?" He asked through a mouth full o food and I caught myself from grinning at his actions. Oh how embarrassed he would be when he saw Taylor here!
"Why don't you see her for yourself?" I asked as I pushed the door open and in came Taylor in her baby blue coloured jumper and back jeans wearing dark tan boots.

I saw Caleb's reaction, taking it all. His mouth had sprung open and the pieces of the crispy bacon were filing out of it. Disgusting, it was to watch. The bag fell out of his grasp and now the bacon strips were all over the floor, the smell of crunchy bacon in the air. His brown eyes- the different shade from Nolan's sea green obviously- were wide and seemingly shell shocked. I now noticed the bags beneath his eyes that were very much obvious against his tanned skin. His hair was dishevelled as if he ran his fingers through it many times.

"Tayboo?" His whisper was very quiet but I heard it anyway.

What the hell?

"Cayloo?" Taylor whispered back.

Loo? As in the powder room 'loo'? They really need to work on their nick names, damn!

"So, I am guessing this is my cue to leave," I muttered awkwardly as I turned around to leave but was stopped by my rumbling tummy. I turned back around where the past lovers were still in a daze. I groaned internally when I realized what I was going to do.

"You don't happen to have another packet of Frazzles here, do you?" I asked kind of feeling hungry.

My question directed to him seemed to have snapped him out of his reverie of staring at Taylor because he nodded his head in the supposed direction, his eyes never leaving Taylor's in the process. I looked in the direction of where the bag of Frazzles laid- the large granite counter in one end of the room where not only Frazzles but many other snacks like Wham bars lied. I quickly slithered there, quietly of course, not wanting to disturb my cousin and my potential crush's brother's moment anymore and grabbed a bag of Frazzles with two Wham bars and sneaked out of the room with none of the their attention.