f o r t y o n e

Song of the Day: Oh Well by Mayday Parade.

Comment, vote and share!

F o r t y o n e

"I hate him, I hate him, I hate him," I kept on chanting repeatedly like a mantra, something to just chant repeatedly, to make others believe in it, moreover, make myself believe in those words, too.

"No you don't," I heard a voice say from the doorway of my room. "Sorry, the door was open, couldn't help myself."

With that said, Mark pushed the door further open and stepped inside into my room, striding with careful yet confident steps and plopped down on my bed, right beside me. I looked at him with my brow raised and he looked at me.

"By the way, who's this 'he' we are talking about? Is it time yet?" Mark asked me, as he placed his elbows on my pillow and watched me.

"Time for what?" I asked, confused.

"Time for me to raid father's secret weapons and kill that guy you are blabbering to yourself about," Mark nonchalantly replied, expecting me to let out a loud bark of laughter at his semi-joke.

But the mention of my father just managed to bitter my mood furthermore. I could never look at my father the same, I decided. I knew it was very blunt and sharp at the same time, but it was the truth.

And you know what they say, truth is bitter.

"What did father do?" Mark's voice snapped me out of my dangerous thoughts, surprising me.

"Huh?" Was all I could manage.

"What did father do? Why are you acting this cold and strange to him?" Mark enunciated his words and elaborated it to me as if he were speaking to a five-year-old kid.

I let out a bark of laughter, "Oh trust me, he deserves it."

"Why?"

"You won't believe me if I told you," I replied to him, cryptically.

"That's for me to decide, Cade," He used the nickname card on me to melt me. "Your job is to tell me what he did."

"Who did what?" Another voice interrupted my answer.

We both turned around and saw our father standing at the door. My expression immediately turned sour at the sight of him and my hands closed in a fist beside me. My father's eyes darted to me and he seemed shocked at my sour expression. His eyes then moved to Mark who was sitting beside me with a surprisingly calm expression.

"Why don't you join the little heart-to-heart, too father? Cade here was going to confess something to me," Mark said and I looked at him and glared at him while he ignored my little futile attempt of glaring. I dug my elbow into his rib and smirked when I heard the satisfying groan escape from his mouth.

My father looked hesitant."Uh, am I interrupting something? I can come back later if you want."

"Yes."

"No."

Mark and I said at the same time. I looked at him and glared while he defiantly glared back, 'Have courage? Then confess in front of him,' he mouthed to me and I shook my head at him.

"I think I am going to leave. You both are acting very weird, I must say," My father said as he turned around and started striding to the door of my room.

"Oh yes, you should. Kimbitchy must be in dire need of you," I blurted out to his retreating figure.

Time froze and I clicked my tongue and reprimanded myself mentally.