t h i r t y s e v e n

Song of the Day: Irresistible by One Direction.

Comment, vote and share!

T h i r t y s e v e n

Nolan's POV

Does love at first sight exist?

I think it does. That irrevocable, inexplicable feeling you get when you see someone for the first time, your heart racing, and your palms turning sweaty being the few of the many emotions you go through. It all happened, well it happened to me at least.

I remembered that day like it was yesterday, the day I first met her. She was fighting with that idiot Nick, Hailey's brother. They were near the ice cream parlour, exiting after buying huge sundaes and I was nearby, waiting for Aryl to show up. Nick had shoved her, resulting to drop her chocolate large sundae on the ground. Her heart shaped face with her ravenous, black hair that were pulled back in a knot over her head, she looked so different yet so intriguing to me. I remember seeing her in the hallways many times but never approached her. I was scared of her, as much as I didn't want to admit it. I remember her voice, the strong voice with fury buried and trust me when I say this, she was a spitfire, she literally punched Nick and before he stumbled, she grabbed his sundae from his arms and her other hand grabbed onto Hailey - who was watching them with a dead serious expression that said, 'Not again,' and ran away. I was curious as to where she was running so I decided to sprint after her, in a not so creepy way and avoiding the little dogs from following me. It was tough for me to run without anyone noticing but since I knew how to be sneaky, the dogs didn't see me nor did any person.

My main thought while running? How were the sundaes not melting while running and how was she not spilling any of it?

I followed the two girls out of which one, Hailey, was cursing at the other one, Cadence Brown.

"Hailey, I know you are unfit, don't have to shout it out to the world. Suck it up and run along for once," I remember Cadence snapping at Hailey who was rewarded with a sharp smack at the back of her head by the latter.

When they stopped, I was relieved, truly. I was already tired from the match that day and sprinting after these two girls was tiresome to say the least, especially if they ran with the velocity of light, incomprehensibly fast.

I was expecting them to eat the sundae themselves. Turned out, they didn't. They held out the large sundae box to a homeless man who was loitering around the alleys of London, trodden with poverty. The man was shaken was kindness, I could see that even from few feet away. When he brought out a shaking hand to pat Cadence, sniffling, I was half expecting her to push his hand away from her because of the germs and stuff, but she did something else. She smiled at him and pulled out a crumpled ten pound note from her pocket and handed it to him to eat something.

From that day on, I knew she was different, she had me spellbound and irrevocably in love with her ever since, for two years. That was until I ran into her in that club. I remembered her, oh how could I forget? Any little chance to get close to her was not wasted. Then I offered being her tutor and the rest is history. If that was possible, she made me fall in love with her even more during these past months, every day, more than I thought I was capable of.

And even right now, as my mind played everything happened between us the past months in flashes, my lips were caressing hers, with everything I could put in, every ounce of love, every ounce of emotion tough for me to bring out, every small detail about her, her little habits that she didn't even notice she had that I was in love with, everything was put into that kiss.

My hands were around her waist, tightly as if afraid to let go, as she suddenly flipped over and was now straddling me, her smooth legs around my torso. I was surprised to say the least, so I froze for a moment to process everything. Here I was making out with the love of my life, and the best part? She was the one initiating the kiss. It took me only a moment to snap out of it and kiss her back fervently and with passion only emotions could describe, not words. She moaned deeply and I sighed at the sound. She definitely didn't know what she was doing to me, did she?